Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I finally find a good set of used doors. Only thing is they are post doors. I read on here about what was needed to make them work on my hardtop. I will post pictures and what is involved in the change over for those who maybe interested in doing this conversion.

·
Premium Member
5,543 Posts
They're not nearly as cool as a hardtop!:eek::D

Mark

·
Premium Member
2,610 Posts
My buddy Art has a 63 convertible and back in 2001 we could not find him a Left door but this 4 cly 2 sedan was a clean parts car (impound) for disposal.

So he asked for some help we drilled out the spot welds marked drilled filed the stainless top revell trim holes drilled the holes once mounted and test fit pulled apart painted it and unless I told you you would not know!!!:D

BTW it was a long tideous process ...

·
Registered
2,392 Posts
Sell the post DOORS, & kept looking, There are a lot of cars in your part of the world. Try posting on Craiglist & places like that Kept Looking

. . Later Larry Mc

·
Registered
345 Posts
If U have some good shells I would just reskin them I just did mine and there perfect !! epoxy primed them inside and out before skinning them !

·
Registered
287 Posts
Sell the post DOORS, & kept looking, There are a lot of cars in your part of the world. Try posting on Craiglist & places like that Kept Looking

. . Later Larry Mc
I agree!!! I'd just keep looking for a good set of HT doors!
Curtis

1 - 12 of 12 Posts