Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if anyone has been able to find a way to have daytime running lamps for a first gen? Havent been able to locate a switch or anything to make it work.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Trying to avoid not remembering that i left my lights on during the day and returning to my car with a dead batter. no offense taken

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
You can buy new 7" LED headlights on Amazon that have daytime running lights. You could wire them up so they come on when you turn on the ignition switch.

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
I did octane lighting LED headlights with halo lights that I have on a switch as daytime running lights. I love the look of halo's now

·
Premium Member
3,545 Posts
If I'm remembering correctly, my AAW kit came with it setup like that. I can just turn on my running lights now. Someone correct me if I am wrong here.
I think you are referring to the park lights. he is talking about daytime running lights ( head lights).

·
Registered
1969 Nova . . 2dr . . Chino Valley,Az USA
4,837 Posts
Pretty easy and not too much money. Your local parts store should have or can get them. Often called DRL module(Daylight Running Light). It converts car that don't have or people that want DRL.

https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias=aps&field-keywords=drl+module

EASY --- look around at some auto parts places.
They make a KIT to make older car/truck up-date to DRL's.

at work (Over at the Copper-Mine) the company wanted everyone to turn their 'headlights on' driving on the mine property. We just installed this up-date kit ...... and your H /L would work with your ign. key. Keeps from running down u'r Battery.
i may even still have one .... I'll look for it.

spell -- KISS .. don't over think - it --- it works.

·
Registered
1969 Nova . . 2dr . . Chino Valley,Az USA
4,837 Posts
I worked at the company - Vehicle Service (Small garage) , and we installed these kits on ALOT of company trucks (still older type trucks)....
Nov 90 -- Nov 2015.
My work truck was a 79 Ford F 150 (personal truck), and these kits worked for over a year.
I still had that kit on my truck ...... just removed the fuse, when i'd go out in the hills ... cheap fix.

and, saves your battery and/or jump starting 3-4 times a week.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts