Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
ok so i have an idea for a gathering / BBQ id say in may or the first week of june! i live in baldwin park and next to us is sante fe dam.... soooo i figure some of us nova guys can take over a small section and have a bbq! i loved he cpp cruise and hope to get something like that going again before i move out of california in june!! :yes:

ill talk to the people at the damn on what we can and cant do! as far as i know its free to the public except for parking which is like 5 bucks or so! me and a friend or 2 of mine will be more than happy to go in on burgers and hot dogs and some drinks...

if you guys want anything special id recommend bringing it....

let me know what you guys think and hopefully we get something running!

·
Registered
28 Posts
ok so i have an idea for a gathering / BBQ id say in may or the first week of june! i live in baldwin park and next to us is sante fe damn.... soooo i figure some of us nova guys can take over a small section and have a bbq! i loved he cpp cruise and hope to get something like that going again before i move out of california in june!! :yes:

ill talk to the people at the damn on what we can and cant do! as far as i know its free to the public except for parking which is like 5 bucks or so! me and a friend or 2 of mine will be more than happy to go in on burgers and hot dogs and some drinks...

hmm sounds good

·
Premium Member
11,931 Posts
ok so i have an idea for a gathering / BBQ id say in may or the first week of june! i live in baldwin park and next to us is sante fe damn.... soooo i figure some of us nova guys can take over a small section and have a bbq! i loved he cpp cruise and hope to get something like that going again before i move out of california in june!! :yes:

Where u moving to?

John

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Where u moving to?

John
lol i spelt sante fe damN when its sante fe dam

im moving to Lemmon South Dakota its right next to north dakot i literally walk 15 mins from my front door and be in north dakota:yes: kind of looking forward to the move get away for a while but i plan on moving back down here to cali betty wont like the winters ill be garaging her lol

·
Registered
198 Posts

im moving to Lemmon South Dakota its right next to north dakot i literally walk 15 mins from my front door and be in north dakota:yes: kind of looking forward to the move get away for a while but i plan on moving back down here to cali betty wont like the winters ill be garaging her lol
You're not shipping up to Boston?

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
You're not shipping up to Boston?
to find my wooden leg? lol i love dropkick murphys and i wouldn't mind moving to boston!! id probably feel more at home there...:yes:

·
Registered
11,904 Posts
ok so i have an idea for a gathering / BBQ id say in may or the first week of june! i live in baldwin park and next to us is sante fe dam.... soooo i figure some of us nova guys can take over a small section and have a bbq! i loved he cpp cruise and hope to get something like that going again before i move out of california in june!! :yes:

wow i had no idea some members lived real close to me:yes: your about 10 mins from me :cool:

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
yes sir i live pretty much right next to covina west covina i use to work security at the west covina mall:yes:

·
Premium Member
20,542 Posts

Have you been to s dakota/n dakota?Why are you moving there?Air force?Hard core winters....7 months of the year:eek:And then you have the boiling summer!Coming from Socal your in for some culture shock(I used to live in Montana...Glad to be back in Norcal).bm

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
well my dad won a house out there on one of them government auctions a few years back and to be honest california is going to hell with the people in office and raising of taxes and everything else going on right now so i want to move out there help my dad fix up the house get away for a while that sort of stuff.... also i wont be paying rent anymore up there so thats more money for my betty lol.... and when all that is said and done i plan on coming back down here to be with my friends and enjoy more nova gatherings to come!!:yes:

as for the cold im part irish and german so cold is in my blood! lol my family took a weekend vacation up to big bear in the snowy winter a few years back and i took with me shorts and t shirts and had no problem being out side that way.... and im sure south dakota will be colder but ill get use to it hahaha

·
Premium Member
1,340 Posts
id go if my nova wasn't such a broken pos.

·
Registered
4,760 Posts
mah your moving up der well you got one good thing up there and its mount rushmore i think and the blackhills harley run i think oh and did i mention a sh#$ load of snow :yes: they dont even have any pro teams up there

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
yeh its gonna get cold up there but they have better storms out there and better air :yes: plus we have a big @$$ back yard so ill have fun with the truck in the snow:devil: lol

as for the sante fe dam thing im going in on tuesday to talk to the people and see if i can get a res for either may or june!! and ill get back to every one with more info either tuesday or wednesday!

·
Registered
198 Posts
to find my wooden leg? lol i love dropkick murphys and i wouldn't mind moving to boston!! id probably feel more at home there...:yes:

Well I don't know about wanting to live there.I heard people from Boston are A-Holes.Just what I heard.I want to visit there.

"And we're all just slaves under stricter masters"

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
yeah its only temp tho i have all my friends here in BP so ill most likely be moving back here and finding another apartment but i figure ill get away for a year or two save up some money finish up betty and come back down here and sign up at citrus for the mechanics class to get certified (im tired of working in security!)

·
Registered
11,904 Posts
yeah its only temp tho i have all my friends here in BP so ill most likely be moving back here and finding another apartment but i figure ill get away for a year or two save up some money finish up betty and come back down here and sign up at citrus for the mechanics class to get certified (im tired of working in security!)
dam i go to citrus dude:yes:

1 - 20 of 44 Posts