Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's a few shots of a poor lost Acadian wagon I found deep in the woods last week ('62,'63,'64?????) It looks like it's slowing turning from a once nice blue to a deep moss green......production of these must have been quite low, it's the only Acadian wagon I've ever seen and sadly this ones never coming back from the trip to grandma's house deep in the woods.....

·
Banned
26,231 Posts
we can rebuild it... make it better than it was...

the SIX MILLION DOLLAR MAN, i mean Acadian (in Canadian that'd be, um... ah, lets see... oh where's the conversion table...)

·
Premium Member
2,031 Posts
Get that Chrome!

Acadian67sd said:
Head back and grab the chrome trim
I second, third and fourth that. Acadian trim is extremely hard to find. Even if it nedds to be refinished. Acadian owners will be greatful to you. :) :) :)

·
Premium Member
1,436 Posts
Don't forget the tail light housings and the crank window handle for the tail gate if it is good. The tail light housings should come off once you take the lenses off. You will see the bolts. The crank handle is more work.

There might be a nut holding the quarter panel trim towards the back. Look on the inside by the spare tire and you will see it. You might need a flash light. The other side you will need to remove the inside panel to get to the nut. As far as the rest of the trim. I am not sure if there is any other nuts holding the trim.

Like these guys are saying someone might need these parts. I had removed some trim from a 4 door 65 nova and found a happy home for the trim.

·
Premium Member
566 Posts
If I'm not mistaken, it's a '63 (hood emblem).
They are hard to get and definately worth grabbing!
Dan

·
Premium Member
8,050 Posts
Take everything that will unbolt. The car may die but it's parts will live another day. There are parts on my car that came off cars that looked as bad as that one does. Here are a couple of 66 or shots from a car show in St. Louis, Mo. Neat little car; don't see many Canadian cars down here.

·
Premium Member
566 Posts
Nova_Guy,
Is that one of the Acadians owned by Tony (if he still has them both)? I found 2 wagons for him and that one looks like the first one. Forgot about it but I went out to Aldergrove, B.C. and took some photos for Tony. It was pretty solid but the car he bought out of Victoria was in better shape.
Dan

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
looks almost like my long roof when i picked it up, and ive brought it back to life.....er... i mean bringing it back...... id check on the whole tail gate... probally better than many of the ones some guys have on this site....

·
Premium Member
1,536 Posts
buickjef,
As others have said, go back and grab whatever trim you can, and anything else with an emblem on it, such as the instrument cluster. Acadian parts such as that are quite hard to come by.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I'll try to get back to it soon before the real warm weather hits and the car will be filled with spiders, snakes and hornet's nests and get what trim, etc. is still good. Might have to watch out for bears in the area too, Tom Cruise apparently came near here a few years ago bear hunting, and I think I'd rather meet the bear than that nut case in the woods anyday!:rolleyes:

·
Registered
958 Posts
what a find!!! but kinda sad too

"canadian national treasure uncovered in woods "

thanks for the photo
brewws

1 - 17 of 17 Posts