Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what years cars are compatable with the 78 phoenix. I have a hard time finding parts for my car.

·
Premium Member
15,966 Posts
gen4 Nova's
Buick Apollo
Pontiac ventura
Oldsmobile Omega

·
Premium Member
233 Posts
hello

welcome to the world of 4th gens. w a little patience you can find damn near anything for these cars. but w patience. your on the best website for these cars. everybody is knowledgable, and good people. our moderator philip, is the most knowledgable. just post a thread and everybody will help. if not have the part for sale. keep the 4th gens alive we are a force to be reckoned with.......:salute:

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks. Question 1 is that if I install a 455 will I still be able to use my a/c or will I have to delete it. What trans will be a good mate for the 455 in the phoenix and what car can I get bucket seats from with the least amount of modification

·
Registered
359 Posts
455 pontiac? you should be able to use A/C, these cars accomidate big blocks very well. i have a 455 in mine, but a buick, and i have pleanty of room for A/C.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
what kind of gas mileage you get with the 455. Never had a big block before. and anyone know what kind of car would be best to get bucket seats out of with little or no modding. also best trans to accommadate 455 and phoenix

·
Super Moderator
12,017 Posts
For bolt in seats a 4th gen donor car would be best. If you find one take the floor mounting brackets as well as the seats. The brackets and seat tracks are unique to the 4th gen body, but 2nd gen Camaro seats will bolt to the tracks.
The 76 - 79 Cadillac Seville is built on the 75 - 79 X body platform with the roof and floor stretched 3" to add leg room to the rear seat are. Seats, steering columns, consoles and the rear end with disc brakes (77-79 only) all will change over easily.

I just need to ask about your username, no disrespect intended but is it big al or bi gal :)

·
Registered
3,999 Posts
The 76 - 79 Cadillac Seville is built on the 75 - 79 X body platform with the roof and floor stretched 3" to add leg room to the rear seat are. Seats, steering columns, consoles and the rear end with disc brakes (77-79 only) all will change over easily.
Occasionally, I see a Seville parts car pop up on eBay but don't want to commit since I know so little about them. (What engines, trans, gear ratios, etc.)

I thought the Sevilles had 5x5 lug pattern.

I just need to ask about your username, no disrespect intended but is it big al or bi gal :)
Play nice, Philip!:D

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
For bolt in seats a 4th gen donor car would be best. If you find one take the floor mounting brackets as well as the seats. The brackets and seat tracks are unique to the 4th gen body, but 2nd gen Camaro seats will bolt to the tracks.

Its big al and thankz for info

·
Registered
359 Posts
i'm getting about 9-10 MPG, but i' making prety serious power with 373 gears and a TH400, if i switched to a 4 speed auto and lower (numericaly) gears i could probably get 13-16.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts