Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,351 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Mario,
The date for the June cruise is the 7th.
Chuck,
Mario and I want to know if you are going to have the new and improved wagon out there, so we can check it out. We hope to catch up with the Nova locals up that way. Dale? Dave? Jim?
Lates,
Brian

·
Registered
1,536 Posts
Why on a WED? When I'm at work and the 57 North is CRAP!

·
Registered
576 Posts
You don't hear us whining about getting up before 5 to go buy donuts.
Here you can have yourself some beer and tri tip steak sandwiches.
http://public.fotki.com/bowtie0069/nhra_museum_cruise_1005/
Maybe after checking out some of Mikes pictures to see what cars show up it wont feel like such a bad drive.

I should be there.

Chuck

·
Premium Member
1,351 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Mario,
How's the back and what time are you free to leave on the 7th? I was thinking about driving the 67............ If your back isn't up to it, we'll take something else........

NovaJoe & CraigT,
If you guys read this, I am not going to make Irwindale next week or the June PSCA race in Fontana. I have some commitments and the 70 won't be able to go out until after that.
Brian

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
blown67 said:
NovaJoe & CraigT,
If you guys read this, I am not going to make Irwindale next week or the June PSCA race in Fontana. I have some commitments and the 70 won't be able to go out until after that. Brian
Just keep us posted Brian. I would really like to make one of the PSCA races. The Pomona Twilight cruise sounds fun too. Maybe if I leave tomorrow I could be there by the 7th!! (It's that "gear" thing again!!) What do you think Wayne, can we get the two "silver streaks" back together again??
Joe

·
Premium Member
1,351 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
I got 3:90's with a 29.5......... So it's about 3,100 rpm on the freeway..... I worry more about overheating in the stop and go traffic.
Will keep you posted, Joe. I guess I'm due for a donut run soon, anyway.

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
Yeah, gears are no fun on the freeway! I'm showing about 3200 @ 55mph.
What does 3100 get you Brian?? And 4:56's with a 26" tire is how fast bowtie? We should all just hook up to cruise the slow lane sometime!!

·
Premium Member
379 Posts
blown67 said:
Mario,
How's the back and what time are you free to leave on the 7th? I was thinking about driving the 67............ If your back isn't up to it, we'll take something else........

NovaJoe & CraigT,
If you guys read this, I am not going to make Irwindale next week or the June PSCA race in Fontana. I have some commitments and the 70 won't be able to go out until after that.
Brian
Thanks for the update Brian. I should be picking mine up Monday from wiring. I hope to fire it this week if all goes well!

Craig

·
Premium Member
379 Posts
teddisnoke said:
Brian- what is the "Black Classic's" car show? Craig- good to hear you are getting the car back. Summer is coming quick. Better start marking down events! Dale
Dale,

It is a car show in Compton or Gardena that I went to last year with my buddy and met Brian there to check out the '70 as he had just finished it. I'd say it had the most show and you know they go cars of any show I've been to. It's at this little park and people cruise through and I am sure there are a few street races that come out of it. When everyone leaves, the cops turn their heads a little and it gets a little insane. I'd recommend going if you never have.

Craig

·
Premium Member
1,351 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
Dale,
No imports, or late model trucks....... Mostly 60's and 70's muscle cars, street racers, mid 50's trucks, og restores, with a couple of low riders thrown in. Here is a pic from last year. The gold gen 2 runs 8:70's, the late model Camaro 9:20's, the blue 68 Camaro, 8:00's, the gold gen 3, 8:65, the blue gen 3, has been 8:13 on a 275 drag radial and cal trac bars, the red gen 3 has been 9:18, you can barely see the bumper of a teal gen 3 that runs 10:20's. All the cars race in the PSCA. I think the show is the second weekend in August........
Brian

1 - 20 of 34 Posts