Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, heres the deal, I'm doing the '64 Nova 400 as a barn find drag car from the mid 70's. Kind of a hi-bred (inbred?) between A/FX and SS/A class, less the roll bar. SO, since these cars were sponsered by a dealer and usually were "named", should I go this route? Name would be VOODOO II.

Also, early 70's was the whole lace painting thing. I could go that route as well. Might cover a couple things I don't like about my paint/body skills. Again this is more time & effort on my part.

Right now I have an old dealer badge on the deck lid (HUBER Chevy in MO.)as well as SS427, with the deck cove blacked out & the Nova 400 trim bar. I'm using trim that has "patina".

Specs on the Nova: orignially from the Missouri area.

BBC - Aluminum intake, water pump & M/T valve covers (427 logo). Iron exhaust manifolds & a mild RV type cam. LS6 block (4 bolt mains), oval port heads, HEI w/yellow Accel wires, makes about 375 hp.

TH400 - stock with a deep truck pan

Front suspension - mustang II based (was going to be a straight axle) for drivability, S-10 metric brakes.

Rear suspension - leaf spring and has the 8.2 drop out rear & 4 lugs. Have a Ford 9" I'm not going to get to to send with it.

Interior - stock Nova 400 in black. S-10 bench seat, stock rear (needs recovered).

Paint - 1965 GTO Mayfair Maize (Butternut Yellow) on the main body, Tuxedo Black on the roof.

Decals - working on gathering the decals from the 60's/70's to make this look right.

·
Registered
26,336 Posts
I GET WHERE YOU'RE GOIN' WITH THE CAR, BUT YA GOT ONE NAME FOR THE CAR AND NO POLL, :confused:
SEEMS YA ALREADY THOUGHT IT OUT AND DIDN'T REALLY NEED US!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts