Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
591 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my new motor is running like crap,,, why is my # 1 plug pretty much white while 7 an 8 are black and the rest are somewhere in between? talked to edelbrock and they reccommened a small change from where my carb was set from my old motor which ran fine..running a 95 jet and a 75x47 rod.motor sounds like it is loading up coming off idle,haven't had a chance to run it very hard cause my NEW trans is acting up...any ideas? thanks cranker

·
Registered
508 Posts
my new motor is running like crap,,, why is my # 1 plug pretty much white while 7 an 8 are black and the rest are somewhere in between? talked to edelbrock and they reccommened a small change from where my carb was set from my old motor which ran fine..running a 95 jet and a 75x47 rod.motor sounds like it is loading up coming off idle,haven't had a chance to run it very hard cause my NEW trans is acting up...any ideas? thanks cranker
what kind of intake are you running? are you running a manual or electric choke? and is your #1 plug wet at all? what kind of ignition r u running?

·
Premium Member
15,966 Posts
Sounds like a intake that is not sealed.

IMO

Al

·
Registered
591 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
running a performer rpm,electric choke,stock hei,and no the plug doesn't seem wet ,just pretty much white other than one spot belolw the electrode. went for a short drive last night after i change the plugs i'll have a look today,but can't really get on any power cause my trans is pooched...al you think i might have a leaky intake gasket??

·
Registered
591 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ya after checking plugs today #1 seems to have darkened up quite a bit,i think once i get it back from the trans shop and i can take it on a good drive i will put new plugs in it and get a good plug reading and take it from there..thanks guys

1 - 6 of 6 Posts