Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I just purchased an edelbrock 27013 with a "front oil fill"

I dont like the look or the extra obstruction I have to work around.

Can you simply plug this if I have valve fill holes on my covers?

Or do I have to use the front fill?

I purchased for the price, $189 cant beat that brand new in the box.

Suggestions?

·
Registered
20,138 Posts
Yes like stated you can plug it. Should be able to pick up a freeze plug that will fit it just right.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks!

Awesome guys, I have a set of plugs with a little liquid gasket on just the center of threads, i used the same plug to seal the top of the water pump to bypass the heater hose to intake. Trying to keep it simple and clean.

If you find any flaws with my above statement please point them out!

Thank you, on the same note, would you happen to know if they make a 90o Degree temp sender? My port is right under the therm housing and a straight out the top is a bit tight, a 90 or another option would be great!

·
Premium Member
3,257 Posts
The front oil fill is usually not threaded but a friction fit. Are you sure that it is not a water bypass or heater hose hookup? The press fit for the oil fill is about an inch to an inch and a half in diameter.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The front oil fill is usually not threaded but a friction fit. Are you sure that it is not a water bypass or heater hose hookup? The press fit for the oil fill is about an inch to an inch and a half in diameter.
Crud, I haven't received the intake yet, its being delivered, I am working with pictures.

So no thread, does a freeze plug get installed with a rubber mallet?
without a proper seal here I will run into issues I am sure. I believe they also make the screw in/expand type. Any recommendations?

Attachments

1 - 12 of 12 Posts