Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, i've tried a few places and nobody seems to want my money. I've even called from Aus. This is the generic email i've sent out.

In short i want to purchase a classic update AAW harness and have someone modify it for the below. Can anyone reccomend someone to do it? A good business etc?

67 Nova SS Coupe TCI Pro Touring front clip, TCI Torque Arm rear clip.

Engine Bay
398ci LQ9 LS1 Twin Turbo
24x Reluctor wheel
Holley hi ram longitudinal LS intake with GM LS 92mm throttle body
Holley LS fuel rails
Meziere LS waterpump
Sanden AC Compressor
Single wire alternator
Vac pump for brakes
Thermo Fans
Water/Meth injection
Turbosmart FPR1200 fuel pressure regulator
Scavenge pump for engine oil cooler (maybe)

In Car/Dash
Dakota Dash
AEM wideband O2 gauge
Turbosmart Eboost Street
Central Locking
Power Windows
Head Unit/Amp

Under Car/Rear End
T56 TUET6000 Gearbox - reverse lockout/reverse lights
Aeromotive Eliminator fuel cell. 20gal. With Eliminator pump in cell.
Scavenge pump for transmission cooler
Scavenge pump for differential cooler

And of course, the AAW classic update harness.
Would it be best for all my extra stuff to just have open ended power wires? / Wires for the lights in the gauges etc? I will also need an ECU.
Thanks for your help.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Ok, i've tried a few places and nobody seems to want my money. I've even called from Aus. This is the generic email i've sent out.

In short i want to purchase a classic update AAW harness and have someone modify it for the below. Can anyone reccomend someone to do it? A good business etc?

Thanks for your help.

You have a very unique list of parts there, you will be hard pressed to find someone who is going to sell you a harness that they will claim will be plug and play, to many variables. Depending on where all your accessories are mounted, who made them, etc, it is all going to change the harness. Your car is going to have to be wired in person, no way around it. I would simply purchase a PSI Conversions stand alone harness for the car, and an AAW classic update harness. That will give whoever is wiring the car a strong head start.

·
Premium Member
4,555 Posts
3/4 of the things you mention will already be in the engine harness for the motor. The rest of the things are integrated into the car using the stock harness. There is no blending the two harnesses together to make one harness, each one stands alone from the other, and does specific things....

Engine Harness

24x Reluctor wheel
Holley hi ram longitudinal LS intake with GM LS 92mm throttle body
Holley LS fuel rails
Meziere LS waterpump
Single wire alternator
Thermo Fans
Turbosmart FPR1200 fuel pressure regulator
AEM wideband O2 gauge
Turbosmart Eboost Street
Aeromotive Eliminator fuel cell. 20gal. With Eliminator pump in cell
T56 TUET6000 Gearbox - reverse lockout

Car Harness

Dakota Dash
Central Locking
Power Windows
Head Unit/Amp

Under Car/Rear End
reverse lights
Scavenge pump for transmission cooler
Scavenge pump for differential cooler

T,

·
Premium Member
4,555 Posts
Yeah, i realise that. I guess i worded it wrong. I don't want to go stealing power off other stuff for the pumps etc. I'd rather have more power wires. Hence the modified harness.

The AAW harness will plug straight into the DD dash. What i really want is for the Engine harness to work with the AAW harness.
Most engine harnesses will come with stand alone fuse block that you can just connect to the battery. You will have some outputs that come from the PCM/Engine harness that need to go to your tach, speedo etc....

If you use an integrated fuse block, you will need to take nothing from your stock harness. Your gauge lights, turn signal indicators etc, would be about the only things used in the stock harness.....

Don't confuse the two harnesses in a Chevy 2 application. Now if your were swapping say an LS1 into an LT1 car, then there would be some integration required. For the most part, the two systems stand alone...

T,

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
I just breezed through your post, and maybe this was addressed, but in my opinion, your not wrong for wanting all you want. However, when a parts guy sees a list of components he must accommodate, nobody is going to know what to do. They off the top of their head will not know all the connector types and components needed to integrate OTHER PEOPLES parts into their harness.

It would be much easier if you provided them with part numbers, and specific connectors you want on each pigtail. Even then, there is R&D that must go into tailoring it to your needs. The best bet is to know what you want done, and make the modifications yourself if they are that far off of what the AWW or aftermarket harness offers off the showroom floor.

For example, you mention thermo fans. Well thats a good start, but what type of connector body will you need? How many positions does the plug need? Is it male or female? How are you going to run the relays? What is your amperage capacity requirements? All I know is you want a thermo fan. I dont know what connectors or what wire lengths or gauges, I dont know anything about the thermo fans your installing. Your asking someone else to do all the homework and research your parts, to custom create what you want. It is possible, and not too difficult, but it takes time to research, and time costs a company money. If nobody knows exactly what you need off the top of their head, its going to take a while to figure out what you want. Your much better off doing the homework yourself to ensure you get exactly what you want.

Your power windows can operate with the use of a heavy momentary on-off-on switch, reversing the polarity of the leads for each "on" position to reverse the motor. Provided you find power regulators that fit, just tap into a power source, fuse the circuit, and run the wiring how you want it. It is very difficult for someone to guess at all this, unless they can look at it and see all your components, and what you are trying to do. You however, know exactly what is going into it, therefore, are the best one to choose how its done.

I know how difficult and tedious this research and development is because I have been doing it for months with a prototype replacement harness for my Nova that I am going to manufacture and market through my website once I finalize a few things. And making modifications to an existing brand new harness is not difficult. Someone else has already done the hard work for you.

As far as the Dakota dash, I installed one on a friends 67 Chevelle, and he had the AAW harness already installed. There is a little splicing and mods you will have to do, but it is very very simple. Dakota did an excellent job of making the process as plug and play as possible, and after performing the install once, could almost do it again without directions. They really do have an impressive product, and although I am an analog gauge guy all the way, I have to hand it to Dakota, they did very well.

I dont know your electrical aptitude, but you sound like you have a clear idea of what you want. It is very possible to do all of this yourself, if your willing to put a little effort into it. What I would do, start with the harness of your choice, (AAW is a very solid choice for many reasons including wire labeling on the insulation), and after you have all your parts, you can figure out how you want everything to tie together. If you have confidence in your electrical aptitude then I say go for it.

If I can help you out Id be glad to walk you through what I can. PM me if you need assistance. I cant offer you a harness yet as my prototypes are still in development, and my car is first in line:devil:. But I have had more than my share of good help from guys on this site, and its only fair I pass that goodwill onto the next guy that needs a hand. Have faith in yourself.

GOODLUCK!!!! You can do it!:yes:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts