Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright guys, heres the deal. My name is Sgt Martin Quinonez. I have spent the last year in iraq. I was injured in line of duty and was the result of hostile action. After sustaining my injuries I was medivaced to the states for surgery. I am now thankfully back home with my family. As a result of my injuries I may be getting a settlement. With a part of this settlement I will be embarking on a quest.... Something I have wanted to do all my life! Restore a Chevy Nova!!

I need help with some decisions and or ideas. I've determined the model I would like to restore, and decided upon a level of restoration. Driver -- A less expensive and less time-consuming restoration. I want to begin formulating a budget. I am thinking around 15k. My budget should allow the level of restoration I'm after. From what I can tell from this site, there are alot a seasoned resto-rod vets. Here are some of my questions.

#1 What would you do if you had 15k to dump into your Nova Project.
#2 383/chevy? Slant 6? What type of engine?
#3 What could be done to modernize?
#4 Certain powertrain, suspension, electrical and heating/air conditioning systems
#5 What is most important to dump the money into?
#6 Hits or misses Trials & Tribulations?

Thank you so much for you responses, they really do mean alot to this 28 year old vet! :chev:

·
Registered
375 Posts
welcome home and thanks for your contribution to our
country as for your nova do what ever you want its your car
good luck

·
Registered
54 Posts
Yes, thank you for fighting for our land. Its an honor to have you with us. Your Nova questions, they are very broad. What year model are you wanting to restore? It's all about what you want. Do you just want a slick car to ride around in, or do you want something you can take to the strip?

·
Registered
2,497 Posts
First of all,THANK YOU for watching our backs. Glad your home and in love with Novas. If I could give you one bit of advise it would be to fine the cleanest rust free body you can. Everything else is just time and money. For 15000 I think you could find a preety nice Nova. I like the fist and second generation Nova the best myself. Good Luck and I hope you find what your looking for.

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
Tons of thanks for serving and fighting for this great country....as for your decision on a Nova and what you want to do with it is up to you.........I guess now it depends on how much you can afford to drive it. IMO,BUY A NICE CRUISER WITH A GOOD BODY AND ENJOY IT!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Premium Member
1,098 Posts
Thanx for protecting our freedom!! You guys are the best!!

There is no such thing as a bad Nova - and you are only limited by your finances and imagination.

Richard likes the 73 Hatchback :D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts