Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey, i just bought a 72 nova and when i bought it the guy said that the rear pinion bearing was going bad and just the other day i saw that the seal was broken and leaking fliud. the car vibrates between like 50-65mph i am going to try the fix myself, although i have never done any rear end work. does anyone know the steps i will need to take to replace the bearings, and what other parts i will need for the job besides the seal and the bearings???? please help me i really need to get this fixed bc i know that can burn out the rear end and i miss driving the nova... thankyou

·
4,535 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
hey, i just bought a 72 nova and when i bought it the guy said that the rear pinion bearing was going bad and just the other day i saw that the seal was broken and leaking fliud. the car vibrates between like 50-65mph i am going to try the fix myself, although i have never done any rear end work. does anyone know the steps i will need to take to replace the bearings, and what other parts i will need for the job besides the seal and the bearings???? please help me i really need to get this fixed bc i know that can burn out the rear end and i miss driving the nova... thankyou
Google up a ring and pinion install. You will basically be doing everything. You will need an inch lb torque wrench that reads 0-60 (expensive piece). Marking compound, a dial indicator with magnetic base, bearing separator, new pinion bearings and pinion seal, some inginuity and patience.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts