Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,532 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Decided I wanted to try the black wheel thing so I went with the Plasti Dip spray paint which you can peel off if you don't like it. I think it came out great and when I get tired of the look I will just peel it off and go back with the polished look! Motor is out of the car at this moment so I can not get pics of whole car yet, will post them in the next week or two when the motor goes back in!:yes:

·
Premium Member
3,532 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
If it peels off whats going to keep it from just falling off?
The stuff is tough as nails, to peel it off you need to pick it with a tooth pick to start then just peel it off. Tested it for a while on some other stuff and it really is cool stuff!:yes:

·
Premium Member
3,532 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Not a fan of the black wheels, but i'm old school that way i guess.

Hey - Paint doesn't make you go fast! :devil:
I got bored waiting on my headgaskets which won't be here till tomorrow now!:( Last piece of the puzzle then the motor will be ready to tear the pavement up!!!:devil:

·
Registered
407 Posts
sweet, ima have to try some of that stuff on a few things I have. Fast Eddie, your a pretty cool dude seems like. I guess you could say ive admired your car and comments since I found the forum. lol:eek:.
Good luck with the new set up.

·
Registered
2,888 Posts
sweet, ima have to try some of that stuff on a few things I have. Fast Eddie, your a pretty cool dude seems like. I guess you could say ive admired your car and comments since I found the forum. lol:eek:.
Good luck with the new set up.
Oh my god do you even know what you just did to eddies ego. :poke::poke:
He's a great guy. :D

·
Registered
550 Posts
Looks good. I'm a big fan of plasti dip. Considering doing my entire car in it. I blacked out my other car with plastic dip. Rims logos etc. Its cool stuff and they have all kinds of colors. Dipyourcar.com is a good resource.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Premium Member
3,950 Posts
Hey Eddie you can't take all the credit can ya?! :D
This stuff is pretty bad arse!
Wheels look good.
Now what about doing the whole car?

·
Registered
20,119 Posts
I just did my back bumper yesterday to match my front fiberblass bumper which is just gelcoat black. Gonna do a little cleanup on the front bumper in the spring and paint it black.

Stuff work good for putting down some stripes on the hood and trunk if someone wanted to.

Mine turned out great on the bumper and might add some glossifier later or just leave it as is. Thinking about blacking out all my trim now.

Forgot to say your wheels look great. I

·
Super Moderator
67 4 door, 65 wagon (in pieces)
6,688 Posts
Will it stay on with all the centrifugal force?

·
Registered
982 Posts
Will it stay on with all the centrifugal force?
yeah, its not like vinyl where you need to apply the adhesive properly. the only way the stuff comes off is if it chips, even then, it will only peel so marginally around the chip. it sticks pretty well.

and chips can be repaired in a few minutes using their thinner, rub some thinner on the chip, then spray some more of it in the hole and it kinda fuses the new and old stuff together.

the dip your car website is alright, i dont like the guy that does their videos, he seems like a bit of a tool to me, but the product is pretty amazing. most people use it on tool handles and other stuff like that, ive seen a couple steering wheels done in it too, keeps the wheel from wearing out as much.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts