Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Howdy folks. I have plans to put my wife's oldest sons 1974 Nova back together after the youngest son tore it apart. We've been trying to get around to it but the new old house has taken our time and money. But we have to get to it soon even though it's not going anywhere.
The oldest son got the car from his mother who got it from her cousin. The son dropped a 383 stroker he built when he was 15. He then towed it behind his GMC truck to Arizona where he was going to school after serving in the Army.
Shortly before finishing school he was killed in a motorcycle accident. Someone pulled out in front of him. His mother, myself, his younger brother, his uncle and my mother crammed into one car and drove the 2500 miles to take care of her sons business. We brought back what belongings we could which included the 74 Nova.
This was October 2014. Fast forward to the summer of 2016. The younger son, against his mothers wishes, decided he was going to "make it better" often threatening to do an LS swap.
After tearing it totally apart he decided he was bored with the project and walked away.
The motor is totally disconnect from the car. No accessories are attached. Wiring was yanked. Leaky radiator removed. Turbo 400 tranny leaks and one bell housing bolt hole broken.
Anywho, before we found our current project home I was cleaning up the engine by replacing the timing belt cover and gasket, cleaned carbon from cylinder heads, replaced oil pan gasket with a one piece, replaced head gaskets.
And that's when other important things took over.
I'll be looking through this forum for a lot of info and suggestions. YouTube has been VERY helpful in learning about the SBC.
The top three future purchases are, Edelbrock performance RPM intake manifold (the youngest boy cracked it), new Morosso oil pan (yes, after I replaced the gasket. The oldest boy bottomed out along the way and dented it piercing a hole and welding a small metal plate to cover) and a 3 row radiator.
That's it for now. Any comments or suggestions are very appreciated.

·
Registered
4,002 Posts
:waving:Welcome from Wisconsin! :horse: Pics? Tough news, but he'll be riding along with you.

·
Registered
1969 Nova . . 2dr . . Chino Valley,Az USA
4,934 Posts
:welcome:

from the Chino Valley, AZ.

glad too have you with us ---:D --- with u'r 74

:waving:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts