Chevy Nova Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Don't get more basic than this one. Four cylinder, three on the tree and hand choke. Interior is 1963 vinyl. Original would have been cloth/vinyl.
Unique as it is, I don't know anybody who would pay $22,500 for this car. We all know the old adage 'rarity doesn't necessarily mean desirable or valuable'.
With a little bit of negotiating, you could have bought this brand new in 1962 for $1800.

1962 Chevrolet Nova | eBay

Bob

Registered
1963 Nova convertible
It probably cost quite a bit to restore but every car is going for high dollars. Are 62 chevy ll s rare and hard to find because of their age or because of something else?

Discussion Starter · #9 ·
In total, 1962 Chevy IIs are not particularly rare with over 326,000 built. However, a no option 1962 Chevy II 100 2 door sedan with a 4 cylinder engine is pretty rare, because few have lived to see 2022. A 1962 Chevy II with 927 Anniversary Gold paint is pretty rare, too. Not many of those, either.

B.

Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Sky

Registered
That is a tidy restoration. Has had a complete floor pan replaced. Wonder how much else was rusted. Too bad the original interior is gone.

Super Moderator
'62 interiors are pretty much the hardest to get original, from the seats to the floors to the door panels. This car is so stripped down I can't believe they got all 3 forward gears in the transmission, and other add ons like paint, spare tire, and a second brake light.

So it's rare but not exactly desirable for that. But if you were staring a rusty '62 sedan in the face and had gotten a few body shop bids, you might look twice at this car as your rod platform. Bodywork done? Check. Floor replaced? Check. Upholstered? Check. Great grille and trim? Yep. And rather than have yours sit in bodyshop jail for a year, this thing is ready to tear apart right now. Sure, you're dealing with a paint shade that may or may not be your fave, but you could start on all those drivetrain upgrades tomorrow. Can't believe I'm saying that as I like the original cars, but so few people go that route anymore.

Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Says sold. One bid of $22,500. Somebody really wanted it.

As for the interior trim, to have a complete '62 Chevy II 100 interior custom made would probably run you $3500 to $4500 and you'd wait a year or more to get it. Doesn't make sense to spend that kind of money on this car. If it really sold for $22,500, the seller will be patting himself on the back for not spending anymore money than the cost of a '63 reproduction interior kit.

Bob

Reactions: Brooksey

Vendor
Yeah it sold. Setting the motor aside, people are paying a lot more for cars right now that need mountains of work. Chevy IIs in the 20K range that need another 10 - 20K. I can totally see someone who has a V8 drivetrain lying around buying this and swapping it in - presto you have your grandma car sleeper.

Other than some paint overspray that was a bit of a flag, it looked like a well built car with attention to detail.

Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Other than some paint overspray that was a bit if a flag, it looked like a well built car with attention to detail.
At some shows you lose points if there isn't overspray somewhere on your car:). The Mopar guys spend big bucks to get the overspray just
right on all the known factory locations.

B.

Reactions: Brooksey

Super Moderator
Bob, just for an update, SMS is 2 years and more back on my brother's door panels and seats for '65 400 series wagon. No calls or apologies, they'll get to it when they get to it.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts