Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
748 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can you run nitrous with hypertectic pistons, what would be the max limit. I know forged are the way to go. just wondering about the others.

·
Premium Member
11,072 Posts
KB claims up to 500h.p. of nitrous on some of theirs; but I'm not sure that would be a good idea. If you set up the ring gaps like they tell you to(HUGE!) they are a good reliable piston--if you ever detonate the motor, you will kill the pistons. If you're gonna run the bottle with a hyper piston, pull some timing(against my usual reccomendation) and run the highest octane fuel you can buy(also against my usual reccomendation). They are not very forgiving if you rattle the motor, A forged piston can get away with some detonation; hyperutectics tend to shatter.

·
Premium Member
2,333 Posts
I've heard that you can run up to around 125hp of nitrous on a stock 350 with no problems, so that certainly means you could run that amount with Hypers right? Are Hypers more sensitive to temperature and nitrous than regular cast pistons?

·
Premium Member
1,710 Posts
not that i reccomend this but i have sprayed a 250 shot on a stock tpi 350 . at least 100 times without failure. even tried to kill it that way. just so i can use the excuse for a rebuild, but it never happened. ended up selling the camaro

1 - 4 of 4 Posts