Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i took my heads off my 400 the other night and found a chunk missing off my number 2 cylinder..the cylinder walls dont have any damage from what i can see..my question is that my cylinders are a standard bore..can i only run a standard bore piston or can i run a .30 piston with and different rings..thanks in advance

·
Registered
508 Posts
i took my heads off my 400 the other night and found a chunk missing off my number 2 cylinder..the cylinder walls dont have any damage from what i can see..my question is that my cylinders are a standard bore..can i only run a standard bore piston or can i run a .30 piston with and different rings..thanks in advance
to answer your ? if the block is std. you run std pistons. if you want to bore the block you can bore it to what you want. .010, .020,.030 ect. the piston must fitt the bore size.

·
Premium Member
4,045 Posts
If you bore your cylinders...Your machinest will probably recomend what ever it needs...if you bore it say..... .30 over..You'll not only have to get pistons..But rings also...They also need to be gapped ..Pistons have to face a certain direction when installed..there's usuaslly a mark indicating which way they go in...

·
Premium Member
3,532 Posts
Check your valves. that piece had to go somewhere. I broke a ring land on a cast piston once, and it made it's way to different cylinders via the valves, and bent a few along the way.

·
Premium Member
1,925 Posts
Made its way to different cyls?!!!

It went back out of the intake valve than back in through another intake valve.
Amazing!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts