Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well building a 355 4 bolt main block got a forged crank but looking for a good Piston and rod combo Im looking into the Eagle H beam forged rods and maybe some SRP pistons or something around there. What have you guys had luck with. Im looking to make around 450Hp all motor and then some spray on it Maybe like 150 shot. Also looking to run around 11-1 comp Thanks for any info guys thanks. Nate

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I havn't taking the block to machine shop yet tell I get all my parts yes it will be a 3.48 stroke

·
Registered
33 Posts
Rods

I wouldn't recommend scat rods!!! I had nothing but trouble with scat rods while building my 350, 2- bad sets and 2 rebalance jobs!!!!!! scat just gave me the run around. :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :(

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the heads up Im really thinking about getting the eagle rods I have heard pretty good things about them. Kinda just wondering about pistons

·
Registered
33 Posts
DriveWFO said:
Could also be a bad balance job.
NOT: the first set I pulled threads when (removing) the caps, the second set you could push the wrist pins in by hand on 3 of the 8 rods.

·
Registered
710 Posts
Hmmm..... My engine builder had nothing but compliments on the Scat rods I brought him for my 383. They were the 4340 I-beam rods with the 7/16" ARP capscrews like the pic below.

·
Registered
1,453 Posts
For what you are doing, the Eagle rods will work fine. The only suggestion I have is to have each rod measured for bearing clearance. The only problem I have heard of with Eagle stuff, it that the machining process is not the best and tolerances can vary.

·
Premium Member
10,210 Posts
dooho said:
NOT: the first set I pulled threads when (removing) the caps, the second set you could push the wrist pins in by hand on 3 of the 8 rods.
DriveWFO said:
Dave, I'm not too sure they are the same rods...dooho mentions that he pulled threads on the first set when he was removing the caps...to me that sounds like his rods had capscrews BUT the rods in your link say they have 3/8" ARP Wave Lok™ bolts with 12 pt. nuts.....I could be wrong but I dont think they are the ones dooho used:confused: :)

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Thanks for the info guys but what pistons are you guys running Im looking for some that will hold the abuse. I just don't want to go blow 599.00 or so on some pistons without hearing what other people are using thanks. Nate

1 - 20 of 25 Posts