Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anybody participated in this Arm Drop live new setup? I'm kind of confused how they run it and it's pretty close to me and a couple of guys are talking about trying to go.

http://www.cedarfallsraceway.com/

I watched some of the videos on www.armdroplive.com and it's kind of confusing still...

·
Registered
1974 chevy. Ova
1,179 Posts
that's close to me too, but i don't think i'll attend. i still don't understand what's so awesome about "arm dropping." that's why they invented the christmas tree, so that both racers would leave at the same time and so leaving early would result in a DQ. why not just have regular heads up? i still don't like pinks. i dislike pinks all out less, but i don't like it either. any time you race "heads up" you shouldn't get to bicker about "car lengths." that defeats the purpose. they already have a type of class where you get grouped up by your ET's and you race heads up. it's called an index class. there's a kind of racing where slower cars get to leave early too, that's called bracket racing. index classes make all the cars in the field even by grouping them by ET, bracket racing makes the cars even by allowing slower ones to leave earlier. rant off.

·
Registered
443 Posts
you shouldn't get to bicker about "car lengths." that defeats the purpose. they already have a type of class where you get grouped up by your ET's and you race heads up. it's called an index class. there's a kind of racing where slower cars get to leave early too, that's called bracket racing. index classes make all the cars in the field even by grouping them by ET, bracket racing makes the cars even by allowing slower ones to leave earlier. rant off.

Ya, those bracket and index classes REALLY pack the stands too huh?

Its the twists and uncertainty that the arm drop adds to the mix. Results are sometimes based on group opinions based on video or someones version. Ive seen people gripe before saying "why dont they use a tree and dial there own number" HELLO, theres tracks with empty stands and no TV coverage
doing this every week. Dont get me wrong, I do it but am not trying to fool anybody about packing the stands to watch it.

·
Premium Member
6,444 Posts
Yea they had one of those here in Houston not to long ago. Yea they had a lot of people show up.................BUT!......................it was a total cluster F#*@. At least that what a lot of the driver's were saying.

·
Registered
1974 chevy. Ova
1,179 Posts
Ya, those bracket and index classes REALLY pack the stands too huh?
the stands at MAM have plenty of spectators for all the TNT, bracket racing, and heads up racing. the pits are usually full of spectators too. i'm sure there'd be more if there was a monkey show like this at the starting line, but i'd prefer to leave this drama for springer.

Its the twists and uncertainty that the arm drop adds to the mix.
i don't think adding ambiguity about who is the better driver by throwing this car lengths/arm drop garbage makes it more entertaining, and i certainly wouldn't want to participate in it. that's all i've got to say.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Personally, I don't see what the big attraction is with the all out program. You pay them to run the piss out of your car and hope to be picked as one of sixteen out of about 350. I have friends that love it and can't wait for it to appear locally every year..........not me.

I think index racing with no stops would be a much better spectator sport. It's hard to watch a 9.90 race with cars stuttering for 2 seconds.

·
Registered
929 Posts
Personally, I don't see what the big attraction is with the all out program. You pay them to run the piss out of your car and hope to be picked as one of sixteen out of about 350. I have friends that love it and can't wait for it to appear locally every year..........not me.

I think index racing with no stops would be a much better spectator sport. It's hard to watch a 9.90 race with cars stuttering for 2 seconds.
What, you actually have to PAY THEM to run your ride??? :eek:

That sucks...

·
Registered
571 Posts

I raced ALL-OUT @E-town in 08 and its 16 out of 400 and i did not have to pay.I think the chance to grab 10,000 for a day of racin is what got me to the track.It was a ok time but i would not do it again

·
Premium Member
6,444 Posts

This JMO..........................but It's hard to explain why this show is so big. I guess it's because the show caters to the little guy's. I mean all you pay is $40 buck's and your guarantee two passes. And you get to meet a hole bunch of nice people. To me that is a plus because I love meeting new people. Now I understand that it is a total crap shoot to get picked. But hey U can't get picked if you don't enter. Like I said B 4 I think the hole attraction(other than the money)is that they cater to the little guy's.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts