Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,493 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been collecting some interior parts like a head liner, some trim, door panels etc. My car has been apart so long, I can't remember if the pinch weld moulding goes any place other than around the vertical part of the door jamb? Is it also used anywhere along the headliner? How much of this moulding (in feet) do I need to buy for a 1962 2 door coupe? I really need to take a look at the interior of someone's finished car. Anyone have any photos they can share? Thanks guys.
Ron

·
Premium Member
4,125 Posts
I have been collecting some interior parts like a head liner, some trim, door panels etc. My car has been apart so long, I can't remember if the pinch weld moulding goes any place other than around the vertical part of the door jamb? Is it also used anywhere along the headliner? How much of this moulding (in feet) do I need to buy for a 1962 2 door coupe? I really need to take a look at the interior of someone's finished car. Anyone have any photos they can share? Thanks guys.
Ron
Yes, it goes along the entire edge of headliner above the doors. I also used it at the front and rear of my headliner (windshield and back glass), because I couldn't find the correct trim at the time. At least I didn't find it in the same color.

·
Premium Member
5,493 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Chuck,

I just received the trim that goes along the windsheild and rear windows from Classic Industries, so I have that part covered. I should have taken some photos when I took my car apart 4 years ago. I never thought I would take me this long to get it painted and put back together again:eek::D Now my memory of how it all goes back together is failing me:confused: Maybe I can get in touch with Bill (Klean63) and stop by and take a look at his car interior and take some notes.
Ron

·
Registered
3,859 Posts
I am doing my headliner today! I will take some pics when done and post tonight for you.:)

·
Premium Member
6,582 Posts
On Johns 64 post car it ran from the front door opening up around the head liner pinch then down the post and tucked under the sill plate.

on my 67 coupe it runs from top of the kick panels around the door/ headliner pinch and ends at the back window then another piece goes from the sill plate up the 1/4 window door opening to 1/4 door panel pinch area it ends under a plastic pinch trim piece I think its the same on your car except it starts at the bottom of your kick panels...

·
Premium Member
5,493 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the information guys. I'll take your descriptions and take a further look at my car tonight when I get home. I am stuck working today. Just cruzin Steves during my breaks:D
Ron

PS, Dave, your car is looking great......man, you and the rotten one have done a ton of work.

·
Premium Member
6,582 Posts
Ron to bad your working I'm taking the wife for a cruise/grocery shopping if you were home I could of swung by while she was shopping.

I am putting it to the heat test as its 99* out right now and yes i'm going to run the A/C:cool::D

Thanks for the kind words...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts