1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Danged idiot lights.
Need to get some aftermarket gauges.
It's getting hot down this way.
Please post some pictures of your gauges and give some information on where you got them. :confused:
Want to add a Tachometer, Oil Pressure, Water Temperature, and Voltage.

·
Registered
710 Posts
Here's how I did my gauges. I mounted 2-1/16" Auto Meter Sport-Comp mechanical oil pressure and temperature gauges in the empty space to the left of the speedo. I used Auto Meter angle rings to get the gauges to face straight out on this angled surface of the dash. My tach is just a basic older Auto Meter mounted to the steering column.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
aftermarket gauges

Like the way that looks.
I'm wanting to add air conditioning soon and not sure if I'm going to go with the original look for the air or with something like you have.
Who did your air conditioning ?

·
Registered
710 Posts
orcuttc said:
Like the way that looks.
I'm wanting to add air conditioning soon and not sure if I'm going to go with the original look for the air or with something like you have.
Who did your air conditioning ?
If your car originally had A/C you will have a vent where my gauges are. I installed the Vintage Air kit myself and used a round vent next to the wiper switch (visible in first pic) and installed the same round vent on the passenger side to the right of the glove box. You can see more pics of the Vintage Air installation here: http://community.webshots.com/album/302004269qkWDsK

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Black PVC

Philip said:
Home made aluminum panel, Autometer guages, black PVC pipe cut on an angle. The red light is for the alarm system.
Thanks folks
Black PVC is a great idea for the gauges!
Can't decide which brand to buy.
I do want black background and red needles to match the original gauges.
I'm getting closer.
Installing a new overflow tank for the radiator.
Have a closed system without an overflow tank.
Dumped coolant every time I ran it.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Philip said:
Home made aluminum panel, Autometer guages, black PVC pipe cut on an angle. The red light is for the alarm system.
That's a good idea for the alarm! I have the same gauge panel and I kinda hate how my alarm LED is attached.

·
Registered
29 Posts
orcuttc said:
Thanks folks
Black PVC is a great idea for the gauges!
Can't decide which brand to buy.
I do want black background and red needles to match the original gauges.
I'm getting closer.
Installing a new overflow tank for the radiator.
Have a closed system without an overflow tank.
Dumped coolant every time I ran it.
I had the same kind of coolant system, and the only time mine ever dumped fluids was when the thermostat went bad..

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
Mine is about the same but I used alumunum bacl plate and poprivited it in.
Man is that gonna suck if a gauge dies or something happens, gotta drill them out....looks nice though, but i woulda screwed it together

A

·
0 Posts
Here's my '70 Nova with a Stewart Warner setup. It's copied after the super cars like Yenko and Nickey. Tachometer has new internals, amp gauge is just for looks as I used the more reliable volt gauge. It's more the nostalgic look. Other pics shows I'm a 'gauge a holic' :D ........I collect mostly Stewart Warner and Sun

A

·
0 Posts
68sschevyII said:
That is A beautiful site, it doesn't get much better.:cool: :cool: :cool:

Tommy:)
Thanks Tommy.....it's taken me about a year to get all the gauges I figured were correct for the time period and added at dealerships.
The SW tach was a recent find on Ebay. I'm just like the old school look.
AG

1 - 16 of 16 Posts