Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have a picture of a Taurus Fan installed ? I plan on installing mine next week , and I need some mounting ideas . I have a stock style radiator . I already have the wireing figured out .

Thanks, Chris

·
Premium Member
13,649 Posts
Don't you just put it against the radiator and use those push through zip tie things to hold it?

·
Premium Member
13,649 Posts
Had one in my Camaro for many years and when the radiator was removed (to put in my 63) it showed no signs of wear. I guess I'm not worried about it.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I was thinking more of bolting it in somehow . I have used the pull thru fastners on transmission coolers , without a problem . I thought the fan might be too heavy for those .

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I was also wondering if any one was using both speeds , and how they had it wired
I ordered an adjustable fan control I plan on hooking up to low with a relay. I thought of hooking up hi spd. with a temp sender in the manifold with 2 relays in paralell . On temp around 200F - 210F ?
any ideas?

·
Registered
491 Posts
I have the low speed setup with the temp control. It kicks in at about 200 and off at about 185. The high speed side is set up thru a toggle switch in case of an emergency. The hi / low thing seems to want to bleed over. I have leds attached red lite for hi speed and blue lite for low speed. I probably should put a diode in the lite curciuts because the hi speed curciut turns both lites on.
The low speed setting does keep the temp under control.

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
I can try to take some pictures tomorrow (or later today, really :p). I bolted it to the core support. I tried to use factory holes wherever I could, but I think I had to drill a tiny hole. It doesn't look very professional, but I tried my best. And it was free. :)

Matt

·
Premium Member
1,849 Posts
Mike Goble said:
Depends on how long you want the radiator to last...
Most radiator shops love the zip tie approach, keeps them busy !

·
Registered
9,968 Posts

Here's how to wire one for two speeds. When the 190° switch closes, the LO coil is pulled in and low speed is activated. When the 210° switch closes, R3 coil is pulled in, the LO coil is released, the HI coil is pulled in and the fan is in high speed. When the 210° switch opens the HI coil is released, the LO coil is piched up and you're back to low speed. You don't want both speeds energized at the same time. A 30 amp relay will suffice for the LO relay, but you want something more substantial for the HI relay. I use some 50 amp Tyco relays I got real cheap on eBay.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts