Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,015 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Pictures Needed Of A 66 L79 Motor & Compartment

I need some pictures of a 66 L79 motor and motor compartment. If anyone has some they want to share; my email address is [email protected].

Thanks for the help.
Chip:nascar:

·
Premium Member
2,522 Posts
Return Spring

Scott..... Bob (CdnL79) & I have always had a laugh about the "White throttle return spring????????? Your shot is Carl Riegger's car, right?? I heard he has since sold it?? Maybe gone thru a couple of hands so far?? Here's another one.

·
Banned
389 Posts
Air Cleaner Off

Seems like all the pics of guys showing thier L79's have the air cleaner in place. It would be nice to see a couple with the air cleaner off, to see the other various L79 details up top.

·
Registered
287 Posts
carb/intake

bogus: did you find a correct carb or is there another holley alternative that is close that I could use? Do you have the right intake (snowflake)?
Any suggestions on a close alternative? I'm thinking about building a L-79 for my car complete with dress-ups. No, I will not spend $700 us for a carb, just something that is close would be great.:)
Thanks, Floyd.

·
Banned
389 Posts
L79 Vent Tube

Bogus/ClonerL79 said:
How about detail?? This is Bob's L79........ Anything in particular you are needing pics of ???
Bogie
Bogie, the picture you posted is great help. Could you show a good picture of the L79 Rear Oil Vent Tube and Right side upper Spark Plug wire support. It would be a great help, Thanks !!

·
Premium Member
2,522 Posts
Here's a pic that might help !!....... fasbu, I have a Holley 3367 carb which is identical to the 3345, and it is still available new from Holley!! Yes on the "490" L79 intake. Bob (CdnL79) has one for sale, I believe!!
Bogie

·
Premium Member
510 Posts
L/S please

Ric, While your at it do you mind a pic of the return spring set-up and how it's mounted to the bracket on the intake.I have seen a few different set-ups and would like to see how yours is. Thanks tom:chev:

·
Premium Member
2,522 Posts
The bracket is an L79 item and was fabbed by Frank (novacars) copied from his original. I think we saw one on e-bat go for hugh bucks!! Easy to make up!! Still don't know if the "White" spring is correct, I just do it to bug my buddy Bob... (who has a chrome one !!)

Bogie

·
Premium Member
510 Posts
Thanks !

That's great service!I have seen the 2 bolt type which I think is corvette?and paragon has 4 diff per engine application carb v/s fuel injection etc. Thanks for the pix .Tom:chev: (I think they have red & Blue springs if you want to mess with him ,get out the old rattle cans and have some real fun. Tom

N

·
0 Posts
Hey Rick ,that is the bracket I made and had cad plated , but you have it on backwards !! it should angle to the front of the engine . The picture of Bobs engine shows the vent hose , but where is the proper vaccum advance tube , bracket , and black hose with the white stripe Bob ?. I just had to comment !!! . Frank

1 - 20 of 22 Posts