Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
3,863 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I posted some pics in the BS Section but I'd thought I would share here two (hard to wipe the grin off my face today).

·
Registered
175 Posts
it aint no nova, but it'll do :rolleyes:

-mike (who thinks Pontiac is :p good)

·
3,863 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks for all the great responses. When I bought the car it was Chevy powered from the factory (250 I6) with a powerglide. Now it has a 355 with a TH350. I did all the mechanicals myself, including the transmission and rearend. So far everything works perfectly (knock on wood) except for the right turn signal. The rear blinks but the front does not, nut the lights all light up correctly. If it wasn't something......

Engine pics.

·
3,863 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
15x7 and 4.25" BS with 275/60R15 on the back and 15x3.5 with 165R15 on the front. Cragar SS and Firestone Indy 500's, except the front tires which I'll have to look at to get the model.

·
Registered
145 Posts
72VenturaII said:
Thanks for all the great responses. When I bought the car it was Chevy powered from the factory (250 I6) with a powerglide. Now it has a 355 with a TH350. I did all the mechanicals myself, including the transmission and rearend. So far everything works perfectly (knock on wood) except for the right turn signal. The rear blinks but the front does not, nut the lights all light up correctly. If it wasn't something......
Take the bulb out and re-install it 180 degrees. Sometimes the contacts don't line up perfectly and short our the socket causing the bulb to light at about half brightness. If that doesn't work, check the ground on the socket with a multi-meter. A bad ground can cause the low side of the bulb to ground back through the high side of the bulb. I know that sounds strange, but when you are dealing with resistance, voltage and current, the higher potential will overtake the lower potential. Think of it like spraying a strong stream of water at a waek stream of water....the strong stream will push back through the weak stream at a lower pressure.

·
3,863 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thanks K-Man and welcome to the site. When I reconnected the grounds I wire wheeled the paint off the connection point, cleaned the connector and used dielectric grease, but I have found that car wiring issues are usually always associated with bad grounds so I'll check that area again.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Ventura owners.

72VenturaII said:
I posted some pics in the BS Section but I'd thought I would share here two (hard to wipe the grin off my face today).

Nice !!!!!!!!:) :) :)
You have got to get this sweetheart posted on pontiacventura.com
I got mine on recently.
It's run by a nice guy named Roland.
Drop him an e-mail through his website.
Chuck:D :D

1 - 20 of 21 Posts