Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here Are a couple pics of the new car. The last pic is a crude photoshop of what it should look like with the new wheels and slightly lowered. I plan on doing a few autocross and track days with this car so I'm focusing on steering and suspension upgrades first.

Whats been purchased so far:
-Billet specialties 17" street lites 275 40 for the back and 245's for the front
(thanks to Jon from driverz inc)
-Hotchkis Tvs kit
-AGR 12:1 Steering box
-Global west Del Alum bushings for upper and lower control arms
-offset cross shafts For more positive caster

The guldstrand mod will be done on this car also.

What's needed:
Brakes??? I am incredibly stuck on what brakes to run Either the cpp big brake kit or wilwood 12.2" superlites I can't seem to find any info on how the four piston superlites on a 12.2" would compare to 13" vette or HD truck brakes.

I'm going to tear the car down in June and document the mods for everyone to see on here who might be interested in a semi Protouring suspension/ steering/ brake upgrade.

Thanks for looking

·
Premium Member
1,647 Posts
Nice car. Can't wait to see update pics. If you're considering the Wilwood 12.19" brakes, give Frank at www.gpsuperstore.com a call. He has a complete car kit for those brakes. I got the kit from him and it came with: drilled and slotted 12.19" rotors, red powder coated calipers, 6 piston for the front and 4 piston for the back, polished master then the kit includes everything you need to install including safety wire, safety wire pliers, brake fluid, lines, etc. The kits start at $1750 and go up from there depending on the upgrades you choose. Here's a link to another site that shows the kit and has Frank's number. http://www.lateral-g.net/forums/showthread.php4?t=13456&highlight=complete+car+kit+brakes Check out my build thread if you want to see pics.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Nice car. Can't wait to see update pics. If you're considering the Wilwood 12.19" brakes, give Frank at www.gpsuperstore.com a call. He has a complete car kit for those brakes. I got the kit from him and it came with: drilled and slotted 12.19" rotors, red powder coated calipers, 6 piston for the front and 4 piston for the back, polished master then the kit includes everything you need to install including safety wire, safety wire pliers, brake fluid, lines, etc. The kits start at $1750 and go up from there depending on the upgrades you choose. Here's a link to another site that shows the kit and has Frank's number. http://www.lateral-g.net/forums/showthread.php4?t=13456&highlight=complete+car+kit+brakes Check out my build thread if you want to see pics.
Frank is Awsome, I ordered my TVS kit through him and he was more than willing to answer any questions I had unbiased. His deals on the wilwoods are why I'm now stuck between the cpp kit and the package he offers.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts