Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My car is mini tubbed and I am thinking of going with a 315/ 60/15 Mickey. I wold like to see some other 3rd Gen's with these tires. Thanks

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well both mine and that car share the "Clapped Out" part in common but it pretty much ends there. I have a set of 10" prostars for the back and really cant decide on a 315 or a 295 mickey. Right now I have a 29x12.50 slick on a 15x12 autodrag centerline and I am wanting a little narrower of a tire so I can adjust my suspension a little lower and put the tire up in the wheel well more.

·
Premium Member
4,365 Posts
Well both mine and that car share the "Clapped Out" part in common but it pretty much ends there. I have a set of 10" prostars for the back and really cant decide on a 315 or a 295 mickey. Right now I have a 29x12.50 slick on a 15x12 autodrag centerline and I am wanting a little narrower of a tire so I can adjust my suspension a little lower and put the tire up in the wheel well more.
If you do the math on a 315/60-15 it works out to a 30X12.4. The 295/60-15 is about a 29X11.6

·
Registered
355 Posts
Driven to high school on sunny days!!!! I hope you're a teacher, if you're a high school student and driving that sweet ride to school my hats off to you. That is one dynamite looking Nova.
Thank you, I was a student. I'm now a sophomore in college. haha I've never updated my signature... But thank you very much for the compliments.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Here are 315/60 Mickey DR's on my 68.

Can you give us some more info on the rear set up in your car. Is the rearend stock width? Leaf sping, moved inboard and how much? A little info on your wheels width and back spacing. Thanks in advance, and your car looks awesome

·
Registered
355 Posts
Can you give us some more info on the rear set up in your car. Is the rearend stock width? Leaf sping, moved inboard and how much? A little info on your wheels width and back spacing. Thanks in advance, and your car looks awesome
Thank you, The rearend is not stock width, it has a ford 9in. rearend, ladder bars and coil overs. I thought I had a pic of the underneath setup, but I don't... I'll try to grab some pics and upload, the car was built by Ray's Auto Performance, he does some awesome work. Here is a pic from inside the trunk, just shows the mini-tubs and where the shocks are mounted..

The rear wheels are 15x10 with I believe 5.5in backspacing.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts