Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
68 Chevy II door & 1/4 glass regulators...

Picked up a 68 2 door missing door and 1/4 glass , regulators and window tracks, need some pics to help me ID parts I am missing. Also I was told the regulators for 68 doors are different than 69-72

·
Premium Member
31,194 Posts
I have no pics, but the lock where it comes through at the top of the door on the 68 doors is further back then the 69's and the crank handle is in a slightly different location too. PM (private message) Tommy he may have pics and possibly parts you need too.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Hi thanks for the reply.... I knew about the door lock but the regulator being different was news to me.... re; pm Tommy is that his user name here?
Also is there moldings around the 1/4 glass opening (on the body) .... mine is a bare pinch weld. I'll take some pics and post a link to the album.....

·
Premium Member
31,194 Posts
Hi thanks for the reply.... I knew about the door lock but the regulator being different was news to me.... re; pm Tommy is that his user name here?
Also is there moldings around the 1/4 glass opening (on the body) .... mine is a bare pinch weld. I'll take some pics and post a link to the album.....
Yes Tommy is his user and real name (he is a Moderator here).

You'll need a host like this for posting pics, just follow the link for how to,

http://www.stevesnovasite.com/forums/showthread.php?t=27716

Yes, there is trim, depending on your options it will be bright or painted.

·
Premium Member
31,194 Posts
Tommy is the member at post #16, in this link and here is a door panel from a 68 at the bottom of the thread on page 2, he (67 Mater) also has other 68 parts.

·
Premium Member
31,194 Posts
NPHNP, glad to help!:yes:

Yes, there are 2 pieces for that, one for the vertical and one for the top and rear, I think you can buy repops in aluminum now too, painted you'll need to find used. After you reach the requirements, you may post a want add. Keep an eye out for these parts in our classified, because 68-72 all fit here!

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Update 07-04-2009

I picked up some 1/4 glass and 4 regulators. Seems there are some differences in the door regulators for 68 and other years [location of crank is approx 1" difference]. Looks like it will bolt into my 68 door shells. But the crank holes in the door panels will be off. Since this car was disassembled and missing parts, can someone with a 68 verify? I would like to keep the unique 68 parts.

On the 1/4 glass the regulators bolt in but it looks like the glass doesn't go all the way down. [arm on reg goes to 90 degrees to the window frame]. I haven't installed the run chanel or glass yet... wondering if the 1/4 regulators are correct ot not?

·
Premium Member
7,407 Posts
I don't know how I overlooked this thread, I have been working alot lately and must have missed more than I thought.. Send me a private message if you still need some of the parts. All that 68 stuff is different as you have probably allready figured out. best of luck with the build :cool:.

Tommy :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts