Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Needing help picking the right carb. before this weekend (going to Heartland Park Topeka). What are your opinions?

Running a 496cu in BBC. Cast Heads, probably (running 11.14 in 1/4)3400lbs, turning 6200rpm.

Trying to deceide if a 950 HP Pro Series is too big or if I should try the 830cfm. Any thoughts on Proform carbs or Quickfuel carbs?

What works good on your race application?

Thanks
Chris

·
Premium Member
11,208 Posts
I run a Fuel Curve Eng Bob Szabo modified 850 DP on my 468 BBC and it works good. I have run a 1050 3 circuit dominator on it as well and it too was modified by Bob. It ran fine also but the 850 actually is just a tick quicker on ET. The car has run 5.85 with the small carb and the best the dominator did was a 5.92. That's 1/8 mile times. Is your motor a big bore or long stroke to get that 496? Big bore and a decent cam I'd run the 1050 dominator. Small bore, long stroke or a little cam I'd probably go with something smaller. I am not familiar with the various carbs people offer. I found the best results having a carb built for the motor combo I build. JMHO, you should get plenty of others thoughts. RM

·
Registered
398 Posts
The 830 will probably be more consistant for you and less tempermental to air changes. As is stated many times we racers tend to over carb.

·
Registered
169 Posts
I have an 850 DP and a 950 DP for sale if your interested???

Contact me if your interested.

gr8ride_71 said:
Needing help picking the right carb. before this weekend (going to Heartland Park Topeka). What are your opinions?

Running a 496cu in BBC. Cast Heads, probably (running 11.14 in 1/4)3400lbs, turning 6200rpm.

Trying to deceide if a 950 HP Pro Series is too big or if I should try the 830cfm. Any thoughts on Proform carbs or Quickfuel carbs?

What works good on your race application?

Thanks
Chris

1 - 4 of 4 Posts