Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i bought my first nova on dec ,24,1997 it was a 1973 nova custom 350 th350, posi car . i dreamed about it for like 2 months . after school i would go set in it at the dealership. then on the 24th i struck a deal. and it was
mine .well let fast forward to 2003. it had been raced since i bought it,wrecked once , and hack body job . so i sold it for $1800. so i have always been looking for another 73 . i have had a few 77's since then and the worked great had a ton of fun . but i wanted a 73 again. so i looked all over new england and everything was hacked up or way to much money. until this past month. iasked the kid i sold my old 73 to if he would sell it back. it was in awful shape . i mean i just wanted it back to almost say good bye . so the kid had been dicken me around and i said to hell with it . the next day a add shows up on CL and holy **** it was a twin to my car in high school. so icalled the owner . and cut a deal and picked it up this evening .. i feel like i did in high school lol. i cant take my eyes off of it . so she need some work but . sometimes they come back in other ways . but here is a pic of me and the ar in high school and here is a pic ofthe new one . thank you guys T.C.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
going to start working on her this weekend , any of you guys use ss396.com for parts , there here in new england , might give them a try .

·
Registered
20,109 Posts
Like said that is a cool story and glad you found another one. Good luck and keep us posted and pictures.:yes:

·
Registered
1,572 Posts
I use ss396.com, Ground Up, I live about 15 min from there new warehouse. I've had good luck with them. And good luck on your build.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Nice Grab.. who woulda thunk it.. I see the SS badge on it.. does it have console or column? What color is that , silver?

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
roger. that is awesome . i bet you spend hours there just looking lol
sonny. it was orig a 307 3 or 4 speed car, it at one time had buckets and a console, med orange was the factory color , not sure what the silver is my old one was a cortez silver . and it is pretty close to that . thank you all for the kind words T.C.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
my old one from high school before i sold it 12.62 1/4 times and 7.92 1/8 i will get more pics of the new one today

·
Registered
5,681 Posts
Cool story.....:yes:

Sorry to hear that you couldnt get your old car back :(

BUT

Got another one in the process, that probably, couldve used less work... :D

Just Glad that your luck has it, that your sitting in another 73 :yes:

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
thank you 67 ..tons less work then my old one :)
sonny t thank you . my cluster is in great shape but thank you for the offer

·
Registered
101 Posts
I've been using ss396 Ground Up for the restoration of my 69 and they have been good to deal with. Liked the backstory - congrats on that cool looking '73.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Thats great.
My first car and car thru High School was a 70 Chevelle. I was so cool. Fastest car in the neighborhood. Wish I never sold it. I just picked up a 1971 Chevelle that grabbed my attention on craigslist. Now I am torn between finishing my Pro Street 68 Nova or Starting over on the Chevelle. I aint rich enough to do both and the wife is Pissed.:eek:

·
Registered
531 Posts
going to start working on her this weekend , any of you guys use ss396.com for parts , there here in new england , might give them a try .
In my opinion they are some of the more reputable companies in the US. Go for it and I wish you the best of luck.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
thank you guys a ton . its been getting cold . so i have been working on her on the semi warm days and nights. so far i have cut the old 1/4 off and put the new one on,and also the rear tail light pan. is out . the new one i am just fitting now . also picked up some vintage Keystone Raider rims . for it . still looking for bucket seats . found some era camaro ones that will work . but not without a fight lol. so its coming . alittle slower then i thought but .pickin away . thanks a ton for the support guys . thats why i love this place :yes:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts