Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im in a delemiah on my wheels for my 67. Looking for a pro touring mean aggressive non flashy wheel. The car will be greenish almost silver or gold.. All chrome will be powder coated with fiber glass bumpers. I really love the brushed alumin and black look.

http://www.wheelwarehouse.com/p-5290-american-racing-wheels-vn701-nova-mag-gray-machined-face.aspx

http://www.performanceplustire.com/...-wheels/vn803-el-rey-satin-black-machined-rim

These would be brushed centers with black lip.
http://www.azproperformance.com/KWC-Forged-KWC013.html

·
Premium Member
4,578 Posts
I gotta go #3, based solely on my personal preferences. Black wheels look cool on the RIGHT combo of car, stance, paint, accents, etc., so its hard to guess. But the other reason is I think the black wheel setups might be a fad. Chrome or polished aluminum will always look good. But that is just ME. Like the Flyer said, do what YOU want to do!!! :yes:

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
1 & 2 price is good for sure. I originally thought 1 but then I saw 2 and liked but don't want it to look like a mustang or too ricey.

·
Registered
212 Posts
I like #1 over the other two. I like the brushed trim outer ring with the dark centers. This gives a bit of shape and size to the wheel so it's not just blending in with the tire.

I like chrome or highly polished wheels, but not a big fan of #3.

Paint and wheels are the two most subjective items when building a car or truck. Everyone has different tastes and some don't taste very good.

What I like and what you like could be very different. I like wheel diameters not exceeding about 17" on older cars. Sometimes large diameter wheels just look out of place to me on a mucsle car. My new Buick Verano has polished 18" wheels and I think it looks great, but not on my Nova.

It's going to be a hard choice for you and all of our opinions are just going to screw with your mind's picture of your car. Whatever looks best in that picture is what you need to go with.

Good luck and show us what you have when you're done.

·
Premium Member
5,858 Posts
I like number 3 best. But that is my opinion - and I just do not like black wheels on anything. The brushed aluminum with the black lip would be cool I think. :yes:

I like wheel diameters not exceeding about 17" on older cars. Sometimes large diameter wheels just look out of place to me on a mucsle car. My new Buick Verano has polished 18" wheels and I think it looks great, but not on my Nova.
I agree with that statement 100% ^^^ Once again - My opinion...

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
Of the 3 choices you give, I would go with #3 because I don't really care for the black/dark colored wheels...to much black, wheels are suppose to 'accent' and 'complement' your car, not blend in with the tires... In my opinion.

·
Vendor
7,086 Posts
Not sure of the black on a green car,I like the Nova wheel but not sure of the black.Here is a bitchen Green 2nd gen for comparision:D

1 - 20 of 30 Posts