Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had other work to do, but just said no and worked on car yesterday.

I still need to hook up shifter. Spent a lot of time on my 5" tach install on dash without cutting or drilling and solid, but I just don't like it. Anybody have theirs mounted on the left by door above dash (or better ideas)? I may go back to 3 3/8. I wish now I would have just went Covan's.

·
Registered
75 Posts
I mounted my 5 inch tach to the upper left side of the steering column, and repositioned my shift light to the right side of the tach.

Hides the stock tach very well, without blocking the speedo.

I love the position.

·
Registered
7,257 Posts
I hung my 5" tach on the right hand side, covering up the stock location of the optional clock (I think). Had to drill up into the dash for the bracket though. Shift light is mounted on the column.

Kev

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the replies.

[/IMG]

I am thinking about having my seats redone, depending on cost. The design will be different (I tried to scan the design, but could not get it to come out good enough to see). Do you think they would look better all in black or matching dark red inserts that match the carpet?

·
Premium Member
569 Posts
I'm a big fan of solid color seats. Two tone seats are very custom and can be done very well, but they do present some limitations.

I also think that black is a good idea. Blacks, charcoals, and in some cases, white or parchment seats work well because they go with a lot of different colors.

If you ever decide on a color change in the future, you won't necessarily have to recover your seats. Maybe you're a red guy, and it will never matter, but to me. . . . .

The seats in my 77 were untouched from the days that the car was purple and white, because charcoal basically goes with everything. Saved me a couple grand on reupholstery work, and I think they match pretty darn well.

J

J

1 - 5 of 5 Posts