Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
535 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
want to install em this weekend. they say even with roller rockers you might need .100 longer pushrods...

did you or not?

id like to throw em on this weekend :cool:

·
Registered
162 Posts
In my case it depended on the type of cam and lifters i ran......I ran 2 different solid rollers in mine.....1 with comp rollers that used std length pushrods and 1 with lunati solid rollers that needed .100 longer pushrods...what are you planning on running for a cam?

·
Premium Member
13,309 Posts
had a set on a 355 with a ft comp 274......needed the 100 longer rods... also needed arp longer head bolts too.... the 9/16" thick decks have something to do with it:D

·
Registered
3,849 Posts
Yup, I have .100" longer rods. RPM performer cam and flat lifters. And ARP studs. JR

·
Registered
508 Posts
i had to use .100 longer pushrods with a 1.5 rocker but when i went to a 1.6 i used a standard length. i also switched brands as far as rocker go so you need to check it on your combo and see what works. good luck!

·
Premium Member
11,072 Posts
Always check how far the bolts protrude with aftermarket heads--I found out the hard way after stripping a hole in my block! Stock bolts are too short for most aftermarket heads.
On my new 383 build I used these bolts from GM Performance; they have sealer already applied and work with most heads..and they are only $33.99 at Jegs....A lot cheaper than the others. Pt#12495498

·
Registered
4,760 Posts
i have eddys performer rpm heads i had them ported i was running stock lenght pushrods when i had a flat tappet cam now ive switched to a hyd roller and i had to get different lenght pushrods i beleive they are close to stock lenght for a sbc with hyd roller in it. you only need to run the .100s longer pushrods if your using stock rocker arms :yes:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts