Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys...…….I'm wondering.....I have an aftermarket chrome air cleaner with a nipple on the bottom facing the carb.I don't want to connect the PCV valve into the power brake booster vacuum line and I don't have any vacuum ports on my intake(Super Victor).Would this work? Or should I drill and tap a hole in the intake under the carb for a vacuum supply? Thanks in advance!!!!

·
Premium Member
7,732 Posts
Hey guys...…….I'm wondering.....I have an aftermarket chrome air cleaner with a nipple on the bottom facing the carb.I don't want to connect the PCV valve into the power brake booster vacuum line and I don't have any vacuum ports on my intake(Super Victor).Would this work? Or should I drill and tap a hole in the intake under the carb for a vacuum supply? Thanks in advance!!!!
That is not a vacuum source.

There are two types of PCV systems: Closed & Open.

That nipple on the air cleaner is used with the closed system meaning there are no open breathers on the valve covers or the intake filler tube on early small blocks. The air cleaner becomes the "breather" for PCV function while at the same time preventing any blow-by gasses from escaping to the atmosphere as can happen with open breathers.

As for not wanting to connect the PCV to the power brake line... why not?

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I read somewhere that the power brake booster line should be by itself.But if it's working for you I don't see why it wouldn't for me.Thanks!!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts