Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Their website has been down for a couple of days & the last time I looked, neither Jeg's or Summit had their heads listed on-line. Anybody know for sure what's going on?

·
Registered
3,895 Posts
Hmmmm.:rolleyes:
I'd suggest looking at a couple different brands!!

·
Registered
750 Posts
Don't worry. You're still in luck.

I hear North Korea and Iran are going to start making cheap knock-off head castings too.
What's their motto again? If the US engineers will design it, we can build a knock-off? :rolleyes:

I'm never too cheap to buy American made parts. :usa:

From what I'm hearing, they are indeed out of business and closed up shop. :waving:

·
Registered
235 Posts
They made decent springs, but that was about it. A factory head LS6 head would often outflow there ported versions...

LS6 heads still rock to this day for a factory casting (243) and can be had for a decent dollar.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Supposed to be reopened with a new owner and new name in the next few months....someone went belly up :eek: With that product, it was about time, cheap knock offs and stealing other americans work! Including the LS heads....they stole the port design!

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
I had a pair in the shop about a month ago that had .100" rocker stud miss-location on 4 cylinders. Some 40 year old 292 turbo castings went on instead.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
And I thought they were an American based company! Anyway, I read their SBC heads did well in a recent HP/Torque test in Car Craft magazine. Dart & Pro-Filer were close behind & I'm pretty sure they're made in the USA.

Sad to say, but it look's like about everything is made there now. I also saw that only 20% of the parts in a new Buick Regal are made in the USA or Canada. And that GM is spending three billion, (yes billion) on plants in China over the next three years! Oh well, at least we know where our Govt. Stimulus $$$$ went.:eek:

·
Registered
133 Posts
I was wondering how long it was going to take for them to go belly up...

·
Registered
3,895 Posts
They made decent springs, but that was about it. A factory head LS6 head would often outflow there ported versions...

LS6 heads still rock to this day for a factory casting (243) and can be had for a decent dollar.
They never "Made" any springs.:no: They simply reboxed/private Labled springs from another well-known supplier. VERY common practice, as Comp, Lunati, Cam Motion, etc. don't "Manufacture" valve springs either. :no:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts