Chevy Nova Forum banner

Pat from Oregon 1964 4 Door Sedan

2K views 17 replies 12 participants last post by  65LSHT 
#1 · (Edited)
Hi everyone. I'm Pat. I just bought a 1964 Nova 400 4 Door with a 194 Powerglide. The car runs and drives pretty well. Just needs a little tweaking here and there. Runs good brakes work good (for once lol). I bought the service manual and 1964 supplement. I still have about a zillion questions for experienced Nova guys that I will post in the appropriate sections. I'm gonna keep the car as-is because it runs so well. I plan to put 14s on with dog dish caps and just get it up to good daily driver status. Thanks and cheers.

View attachment 358815

Attachments

See less See more
#2 · (Edited)
Hi Pat , and .... :welcome:

Welcome from Northern ARIZONA , glad you joined up with us

then, Your picture showed up for a second ..... then, went away ? ?
(just FYI --- it shows a 'tag-line' ... I clicked on it ...... didn't work).

I've got my 69 - still running the factory -( 250ci , 155hp, with a T 5 .. 5speed & stock rear .. 8.2 / 3.08). Keeping My Six , also -- runs great.

......... go back to u'r sig. box and enter your 'Location' .......... that's good info for us ......... you could have another SNS member close by.

:waving:

#4 · (Edited)
your picture is working now ...... looking good ........ :yes:

I lied , when I 1st came on the pic worked.
Then, it just went back to the 'tag line'

Not trying to be a smart-a$$ ....... just -- giving an up-date , it's working / or not working ................ NOT working.
But what little I did see , looks like a nice Nova

and, those attachment pic's take some getting used-to.

#8 ·
Thanks for the welcome everybody. I guess my first question is, where are the best places to buy quality reproduction parts? The reason I ask is because with Novas there are so many options. My other bigger project is a 1936 Dodge pickup: there's only about 4 places I can get parts for it so it's not hard to decide what to buy from where.

So far SS396.com and Speedway Motors seem good but I have not purchased anything yet. My car is pretty complete but I could use a few interior pieces: I've came to the bummer conclusion that the reproduction seat covers do not have the cloth insert. Looked everywhere. I also need that plastic strip that runs along the edge of the headliner by the windshield. Mine is crumbling away.

Also how come the factory service manual doesn't have a wiring diagram for the SS gauge cluster: just the indicator lights? Do SS's have their own manual? I thought about putting an SS cluster in to replace my indicator cluster. How hard of a swap is that? I thought it would be lickety split but now I'm not so sure.

Thanks in advance.

#9 ·
welcome to the nova site. fun looking nova for crusin'. classic industries is another place to look for parts. there is a guy in here that restores those gen l nova clusters for the SS style with the tach in the center.

#15 ·
hi Larry .. and .. Happy New Year to ya ...

Pat, Check out some of the Nova Catalogs like : H & H ClassicParts For Chevrolets (Nova catalog, nice one). hhclassic.com
Lutty's Catalog , Classic Industries , Trim Parts , Chevy2Only .com ( I bought all my clutch change-over parts from them).
Then, buy a "Factory Assembly Manual" for your year Nova. When you get u'r FAM -- you can use "HeartBeatcity.com" web site too look at parts (it's a Camaro site : but list Factory Assembly Manual part #'s -- for Camaro's & Nova's .. my 69 anyway ... so, you can cross-check part numbers). Good site , and I've bought from them .. right parts .. good service, too. just FYI

ps. -- u'r Picture IS working now , good job. Looks great

#17 ·
Here is a before and after of my new wheels and tires. Wheels are powder coated 14x5 from a '64 Chevelle. Tires are Cooper Cobra 215/70R14. They're pretty tight in front with the tired old springs. There is slight rub on turns. I had to bend the little tabs by where the front fender supports connect. Took care of 95% of the rub.

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.