Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
885 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been wanting to add passenger mirror awhile now, so I went to Chevy2only and came across a note saying"WHEN USED ON THE PASSENGER AND MOUNTED LIKE THE DRIVERS SIDE IT IS NON-FUNCTIONAL, USED FOR DECORATION ONLY":confused:
That's the OUTSIDE DOOR BOWTIE MIRROR - 53012 but the MIRROR OUTSIDE DOOR NON BOWTIE - 53013 does not say any thing about being "USED FOR DECORATION ONLY":mad:
Any thoughts? I like to get the bowtie mirror to match the other side.

·
Registered
336 Posts
Dan, the best way to find the answer is to call them for an explanation. I try to contact the manufacturer for info if I have an issue.

Mike

·
Registered
543 Posts
I have one on my car too. I think I bought from either Classic Ind. or Cars Inc.. If you mount it on the passenger side, be careful where you mount it. I mounted mine in the exact same spot as the driver mirror and it isn't as useful as it would have been if I had moved it rearward a bit. Maybe that's what they mean?

·
Registered
336 Posts
I have one on my car too. I think I bought from either Classic Ind. or Cars Inc.. If you mount it on the passenger side, be careful where you mount it. I mounted mine in the exact same spot as the driver mirror and it isn't as useful as it would have been if I had moved it rearward a bit. Maybe that's what they mean?
A good suggestion.

Dan, put some blue painter's tape on the area the mirror should be mounted, get someone to help by holding the mirror on the door while you are sitting in the driver's seat. When you find the best location have them mark it on the tape.

·
4,534 Posts
Maybe because the mirror is a std mirror instead of the magnifying mirrors we are all used to?
Miles

·
Registered
166 Posts
I've been wanting to add passenger mirror awhile now, so I went to Chevy2only and came across a note saying"WHEN USED ON THE PASSENGER AND MOUNTED LIKE THE DRIVERS SIDE IT IS NON-FUNCTIONAL, USED FOR DECORATION ONLY":confused:
That's the OUTSIDE DOOR BOWTIE MIRROR - 53012 but the MIRROR OUTSIDE DOOR NON BOWTIE - 53013 does not say any thing about being "USED FOR DECORATION ONLY":mad:
Any thoughts? I like to get the bowtie mirror to match the other side.
I would imagine somewhere, sometime, someone has been sued over this mirror and it's placement on a car. Thats why the word "for decoration only" is in it.
Dave

1 - 9 of 9 Posts