Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it just me or is everyone experiencing lengthy delays having your parts orders filled? I'm talking since April 28th I've been waiting for inner fender wells and a door jamb dome light switch.

The seller is being really attentive and keeps me updated but ...sheesh.

I realize this COVID deal is a production-ragger and maybe that's all that's behind it. The manufacturers are being hit hard and if the sellers have the parts you need - yer good! If not - ya wait!

I wanted to order some Muncie parts from Paul C. but he's out of stock on some items as well.

Anyone else having some experience they'd like to share?

·
Registered
774 Posts
Taco, random thoughts:
I'm pretty much a "Summit guy" and things have not been bad but Amazon sure fell off a cliff (although it's a bit better lately). At the height of the pandemic they wanted five weeks for what I would consider routine car stuff.
I'm assuming the China supply chain is recovering which should help when it applies.

·
Super Moderator
3,645 Posts
We are all increasingly beholden to shipping companies since the advent of the pandemic. Every truck and driver are new it seems, and I'm sure they're overloaded. Alf also mentions the supply chain in China, and maybe everywhere else, for that matter. These delays I understand.

What I don't get and think is unfair is what happens once there is a delay. The purchaser just has to suck it up and eat the delay, regardless of what it cost, or if they paid extra for expedited shipping. That's unjust, and customers should be compensated for shipping promises not kept by these companies. I tried recently to hold one--Amazon--to account. They aren't answering the phone, and repeated inquiries resulted in the same e-response: shipment delayed for 'bad weather'. But the package was held up in Baldwin Park, CA, about 20 miles from my home. Bad weather in May in Southern California? The old Lie-O-Meter pegged the needle on that one, and I still had no recourse or recompense for the delay.

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah, I like Summit as well, Alf. Spent a ton there.
I'd rather it was the N. American supply chain we were waiting for where WE benefit again for a change. They've got enough of our money.

AllyMcReal? You actually went after Amazon?!? I'm surprised you're not still on the phone waiting on hold right now.

Oh, and you're lucky you're not caught-up in that "bad weather" just over the hill there. :giggle:

·
Super Moderator
6,605 Posts
I ordered an item from eBay, coming from Australia. Was supposed to be here 2 months ago.

·
Registered
142 Posts
I ordered master cylinder from Speedway. Got it via UPS in 3 days. Got some other parts ordered, 6 weeks and waiting. Like the fellow told his ex-wife, Will soon be in the mail !

·
Registered
616 Posts
I order 8 8/32 flat head screws, rather than go hardware, shipping 4 days, they were shipped, took two weeks, they finially sent another set, both sets arrived same day, guy making my LS harness, been waiting 8 weeks for supplies, that stinks, car is ready fire

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Oie-vey! And I'm complaining? Thanks for the support guys!

Guess it's true what they say (whoever 'they' are).......When you think YOUR situation sucks...ask around.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I use Summit for everything I can. It usually arrives the next day. They are using Lone Star Overnight for Texas orders now, and it is smoking fast! I have quit ordering from Classic industries entirely. They were a slow ship on a good day, and since Covid hit, they have slowed to a crawl. It took me 3 weeks to get stuff that they said was in-stock!
I have been ordering stuff from Lutty's Chevrolet and it is coming pretty quickly. I do not think that most of the delay is on the shipping company, it is just suppliers that are not pulling and shipping orders in a timely manner. Lutty's can get me parts via UPS fast, so I doubt that the problem is with them.

Regards, John McGraw

·
Registered
14 Posts
Been waiting on interior, door panels and seat covers from pui since, 2/24/2020 , they act like they dont care if i ever get my parts , and i have already paid !! Thanks Bruce

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Based on the responses we're seeing here, this thread is turning into a "reference" page for those about to purchase. Good stuff! Hope it helps someone avoid the wait by shopping around - you might pay a bit extra but at least you'll have your parts - unless you live near Baldwin Park, Cali.

·
Registered
940 Posts
I order a lot from SS396, they are out of Connecticut, I'm in Maryland, usually a three day trip for things in stock.
lately I have not purchased but have not ben able to get anyone on the phone to ask questions....email is working ok. Connecticut is on serious lockdown and I have ben to the SS396 storefront, I imagine they can't have staff as close together as they did.

Summit, I ordered Tuesday shipped same day is scheduled to be delivered today, the box is coming from Ohio. everything was in stock.

Eastwood, they are 100 miles away in PA, I ordered Tuesday the box came yesterday.

I hope to get time to work on my Nova this weekend, so I can use up some supplies/parts, etc. so I can... buy more goodies.

for other stuff, Amazon has ben ok, I watch for a delivery date when I order and if its not acceptable I cancel.
I ordered some SS wire rope and "crush locks" to make a new brake activator lanyard for my trailers E-brake and it came in two days.

·
Registered
774 Posts
A little off topic but it still pertains to getting parts. The other day a guy brought me a '66 Falcon, the horn did not work. It needed the turn signal switch which incorporates the horn contacts.
I called the local NAPA store, thinking I'd buy local, the switch price was $128. Looked on Summit and they had the same part, Scott Drake, $26 bucks. No, that's not a typo.
I'm one day away from Summit Reno.....easily worth the wait.

PS, working on Fords is an adventure.....they do a lot of things differently than GM.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts