Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I could use a little help on a disc brake conversion on my 72. a friend of mine gave me a disc brake setup front and rear off his 66 chevelle. im not worried about the rear right now just the front. the front caliper # are B7DW and the back plate # 6774 (R&L), i dont have the spindles off the chevelle but i thought i could use the drum brake spindles on mine and have them machined. can anyone help me out with these part numbers or tell me what i would have to do to make these work, the rotors are complete and drilled and cross slotted, they look brand new, this sure would save me a bunch of money if they will work , any info or help would be great, thanks

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
well i figured out that i had the correct brake set up but i had drum brake spindles, so i cut off about 1/2 inch off the top boss of the spindles and everything fits great...

·
Registered
72 Frame off, bare metal resto-mod. 383, TH350, Eaton Posi, Complete new suspension, disk brakes
1,519 Posts
Your solution

I hope there's lot's of meat left on there after the grinding. That said, good to see another '72 owner on here. When you get ready to do the rears, let me know and I may be able to give you some tips.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
well, i am a little worried about if there is enough threads left but i put the plate on and bolted it up and it seems to be fine, i cut 1/2 inch off the boss. the guy that gave me the front disc brake setup also gave me the rear, it is for a 10 or a 12 bolt set up, but i have a 8.5 10 in it now but im prob gonna put a 12 or a 9 inch under it havent decided yet, so if i go with the 9 inch i'll have to get different plates.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts