Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
67 2 door post
I have been searching for this part for about 2 weeks now and have been unable to find it. Can anyone help with what this part is named or where I can find one. I can only find a transmission crossmember/ frame rail support which is not this part. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!! 20191107_172456_1573173991957.jpg

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It's a 67 2 door post. Edited original also. Front crossmember is what I figured it was but it's not listed as that anywhere.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It's a 67 2 door post. Edited original also. Front crossmember is what I figured it was but it's not listed as that anywhere.
https://www.ss396.com/nova/FCM-1625P.html?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIh5T-nLjZ5QIVLCCtBh3p0QxvEAQYGyABEgKo_fD_BwE
Unfortunately this is a transmission crossmember also. They have it labeled as full engine but the part number from dynacorn shows transmission. I ordered a full engine crossmember from classic industries and it came from dynacorn. The package stated engine and the part itself had a sticker for transmission.

·
Registered
339 Posts
Did the link I provided in my post not work for you? If not GM Classics/Chevy 2 only has them for sale, new, SKU/Part#102049. Just type that part number in or type in CROSSMEMBER UNDER ENGINE for the search and it will come up.

-Rusty

·
Vendor
1,457 Posts
Unfortunately this is a transmission crossmember also. They have it labeled as full engine but the part number from dynacorn shows transmission. I ordered a full engine crossmember from classic industries and it came from dynacorn. The package stated engine and the part itself had a sticker for transmission.
The part you have in your picture is the subframe crossmember as others said. Nothing to do with the trans and the engine does not mount to it either. Can't trust the big catalogs with names nor applications. They are wrong often.

It is available repop and plentiful used. It is basically the same on all Nova models 1962 - 67, with minor variations for brake lines, ground straps and random crap like that. SCHWABIE will have the right part (he knows the cars) and I have a pile of used GM ones.

If you need the trans crossmember, that is a different discussion.

·
Registered
339 Posts
Just to be clear, are you saying BOTH companies, Chevy2Only AND SS396 have the incorrect part listed with the correct photo?

My guess is this is something they need to be informed about to help others avoid confusion. More than happy to email them.

They are plentiful used, that is certain.

-Rusty

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Update: I was able to get the car up on a lift this weekend and take a look at the original crossmember. The one I received was the correct piece but was labeled wrong from dynacorn. I have sent them an email letting them know about the labeling issue. Thank you all for your help!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts