Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
though you would like to see a bill of sale from a nova I just purchased, that came with the car. the ss option was a trim up grade, not a separate model. like in 1964.

Attachments

·
14,134 Posts
This kind of paperwork is really great to have. Is the SS a 3 on the tree? I don't see any PG listed under the options.

Bob

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have more paper work on the car. I thought it was neat to have the dealer invoice. and yes it is a 3 speed on the column, how did you know that??

·
Super Moderator
67 4 door, 65 wagon (in pieces)
6,688 Posts
I have more paper work on the car. I thought it was neat to have the dealer invoice. and yes it is a 3 speed on the column, how did you know that??
Bob knows EVERYTHING about Novas. :yes:

·
14,134 Posts
If it didn't have the standard equipment 3 on the tree it would have an optional powerglide automatic. However, there's no automatic showing in the list of options on the invoice.

Bob

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thanks for your reply. I always like the three speed on the column. that's what I learned to drive on. I do not think the kids today would know how to drive the car.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
the nova does not have a power top but it is still an ss. it think the power top was an extra 54.00. not sure.

·
14,134 Posts
Yes, it was $54 for a power top in 1963. Even in the Nova SS, you seem to find as many manual tops as power.

The paperwork on this car shows the buyer got a pretty good deal. The base price of a Nova 400 convertible in 1963 was $2472.00. The invoice shows $2567 including the options, which listed at about $300. Looks like the buyer got them for about $100. Doesn't seem like much of a saving by todays standards, but $200 off in 1963 was pretty significant.

it has a tissue from the factory. but I am not sure how it works
Not sure what this refers to. Do you mean a tissue holder?

Bob

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I had one convertible with a power top three others with out. its to bad chevy did not make the power top not an option like the ford falcon

1 - 11 of 11 Posts