Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
72, 2 Dr, 383, 700r4
1,315 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not sure how others feel but the bright gold brake booster annoys me. I have never been into excessive chrome or the gold under the hood. Has anybody had success painting it and what did they do to paint it.

·
Registered
137 Posts
I degreased mine and scuffed it up with some 120 grit I had laying around and shot it with sem trim black in a rattle can. It has a semi gloss finish and seems to be holding up fine.

·
Registered
878 Posts
I love SEM Trim Black. To me, it has the perfect sheen.......not too flat or too much gloss.
Mark, SEM has a great primer. I'd use it as an under coat.
Just keep the brake fluid away.

·
Registered
137 Posts
I love SEM Trim Black. To me, it has the perfect sheen.......not too flat or too much gloss.
Mark, SEM has a great primer. I'd use it as an under coat.
Just keep the brake fluid away.
I love the stuff. My bumpers, grill,headlight bezzles, handles, mirrors, taillight housings, and wheels are sprayed with it and its holding up good.

·
Premium Member
72, 2 Dr, 383, 700r4
1,315 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Aaronb, Alf, I will give SEM a go, sounds nice. I have mostly used VHT Black Satin Epoxy primarily because you can spray directly to bare metal with it. I used a iron colored ceramic engine paint on the master and it has stood up to brake fluid drips so far as they advertise. Cant deal with the bright gold booster. Pretty sure I can get the booster out without opening any brake lines. Thx

·
Registered
878 Posts
Mark, just make sure that if you are going to use primer use theirs. The SEM product can lift if topcoated over many primers.

·
Premium Member
72, 2 Dr, 383, 700r4
1,315 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
First let me start with Summit. I ordered the SEM primer and trim paint Saturday night, they filled the order Sunday and it was delivered at 9am Monday morning using ground shipping. Most all my orders from Summit are next day via ground. Next I wish I would have found the SEM Trim paint a long time ago, thanks guys good choice. I went ahead and used the SEM self etching primer too. Looks great.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Aaronb

Aaronb. Did you paint the tail light bezels black? Do you have a pic?

·
Registered
890 Posts
I sprayed mine with Duplicolor Ceramic 500* paint. As said earlier, I gave it a light sanding and first painted it with Duplicolor primer and then their paint. I believe the primer was a high heat also. I used that stuff to paint my entire engine bay and it has held up very well. I will scratch though like any other paint but looks great otherwise.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts