Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
painter or shop wanted to paint my 63 wagon, currently needs tons of work, one side is mostly close, all holes have been welded up, made a couple of patch panels, one side done on those as well

ill finish all the patch panels and welding, and am willing to give some more attention to the body work and panel fittment pending the price (have new hinges for the front i need to put on, waiting til i pull the fenders for paint) also ill do all the break down and reassembly, bumpers, grill, tail lights, etc.

need something w a faily quick turn around, bc its my only driver (maybe a week or two at most). also no bs'ers painting in there alley way, prefer a shop w references.......

looking to have it all done by end of sept (this year).....

car right now is in grey primer w a white top (base coat no clear)

want to paint it a steel blue base w flat clear, and keep the white top posibly w a pearl clear or a simple flake job (small flake, non translucent)

looking for the base coat look, but want it to last

would like all the jambs painted too but dont have to be show quality.....ill strip the interior as needed......

let me know what you think and maybe a Phone # we can talk and i can bring the car by ........
Also any steve's guys with any recomedations of a shop near me, id like those too........

(my old lady said we could leave our wedding in it if its painted, and im pretty set on driving it that day.... please help me give myself an awesome wedding gift......)

·
Premium Member
9,228 Posts
I think that "a week or two at most" is wishful thinking. Also many shops are leary of taking in something that someone else has done body & prep work on since that don't know what the quality of the work is and prep is everything in a paint job.

The only shops I know in the Bay Area aren't going to take on a project as you describe, nor comply with your time requirements, but would turn out a high quality job.

Maybe someone else on here who lives in the area knows of a quick turnaround shop and can be of assistance. Good luck.

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
San Leandro Body Shop

My next door neighbor works at a San Leandro Body Shop. He has been a body man for 27 years.

He is going to finish my Nova up for me and spray it in his shop (or have his Paint guy do it) after hours. I can pick the paint up myself to help the pricing.

I just saw some of his work this last weekend and he is good.

PM me and I will give you my contact # . I will ask him if we can all meet up after work some time soon.

James:cool:

·
Registered
516 Posts
I dont Know how nice you want it but If you want it nice its going to be more than a couple weeks.........

-Paul

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
im looking for driver quality, like i said its not going to have a glossy finish, so a lot of the minor flaws will be hidden, but w that said i dont want a maaco respray......

i know two weeks is pushing it, but w all the break down and rebuild taken out of it that helps a little,

and i also know a lot of shops wont work over other peoples body work,
im willing to throw down a few bucks for the paint job, but a full show quality job say $8k+ is out of my price range,

maybe ill just have to finish up the body work and spray it myself, or find someone just to spray the paint

james ill pm you.....

1 - 5 of 5 Posts