Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
5,669 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As per Claudia's (Cloud415) request I painted the motor silver today. I will go back over the valve cover and make the "Chevrolet" red :cool:

·
Registered
3,849 Posts
Looks great!! A lil flat black for the coil?? Nice looking engine bay... JR

·
Premium Member
20,542 Posts
As per Claudia's (Cloud415) request I painted the motor silver today. I will go back over the valve cover and make the "Chevrolet" red :cool:
Man you work fast!!How do you find the time??good job!!bm

·
Registered
3,999 Posts
Great job on the whole engine compartment. Silver makes the engine 'pop.' Your girlfriend has a great eye for it.

·
Registered
5,669 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Man you work fast!!How do you find the time??good job!!bm
I had the day off. later in the day I waited for Claudia to fall asleep on the couch. and snuck away to get some work done.:D:devil: she was tired from running errands with me all morning. She doesn't know how I do it.:D

·
Registered
5,669 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Great job on the whole engine compartment. Silver makes the engine 'pop.' Your girlfriend has a great eye for it.
an eye for it?? she saw that color combo on my friends el camino this morning and said I want our motor to look like that!!!!!:no:

·
Premium Member
1,580 Posts
Man, I'm impressed; not wasting any time at all. Seems like all I'm doing is day dreaming over here.

·
Registered
5,669 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Looks great!! A lil flat black for the coil?? Nice looking engine bay... JR
yeah, I'm going to pull the coil and bracket off Sunday and paint it as well as install the new points, condenser, cap and rotor. THEN DRIVE IT!!!!!:yes:

·
Premium Member
6,852 Posts
Looks great, good job Cloud.

·
Premium Member
1,580 Posts
what are you waiting for?? you need some help????:D
Nah, just more time and finish some other things. I was first impressed that you did the front end/brake kit in like 2 hours. Your certainly lighting a fire under some stuff that's coming up in my wag, so thanks!

·
Premium Member
1,698 Posts
As do all photographers :D

Hey Mike - did you pull the engine out, prep, paint, drop it back in, and finish the front susp./disc setup all in one day? Good job bro.

For me, it would be more like --- pull the engine out, drink, prep, drink, drink, paint, drink... run out of time... finish tomorrow. :sleep:

·
Registered
5,669 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
As do all photographers :D

Hey Mike - did you pull the engine out, prep, paint, drop it back in, and finish the front susp./disc setup all in one day? Good job bro.

For me, it would be more like --- pull the engine out, drink, prep, drink, drink, paint, drink... run out of time... finish tomorrow. :sleep:
hell no! I painted that thing in the car. it's a 6 bro! plenty of room. it's not a perfect paint job but good enough:yes:

·
Premium Member
1,580 Posts
Hey Bro, did you use a different silver on the valve cover? looks duller than the block silver. I'm trying to find dull silver engine paint for my intake, but everything seems too shiny.

·
Registered
5,669 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Hey Bro, did you use a different silver on the valve cover? looks duller than the block silver. I'm trying to find dull silver engine paint for my intake, but everything seems too shiny.
no, it's the same stuff. you can buy some Harley paint called silver bead blast that is a dull textured silver paint. looks great. If you want to come see me at the harley dealr I can show it to you. Dudley Perkins Harley Davidson 333 corey way SSF 94080

1 - 18 of 18 Posts