Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thouht id share a few shots of my engine finally getting it buttoned back up! Reshot the block and bought all new Billet for it!
Also a polished radiator and a few odds and ends,
Including some new Ring Bros. Billet Hood Hinges!
And i did update to a new wilwood master cylinder nice to make some progress!
Show next weak i try and get some pics up than aswell. Thanks

·
Premium Member
2,106 Posts
Looking good. What show's next week? I haven't gotten my copy of the Cruisemasters list yet.

·
Premium Member
367 Posts
Have fun at the show, your car is looking awesome. If I might ask, where did you get the covers for the end of your upper radiator hose? I was thinking of something similar. And what do you wipe the hose down with to keep it looking nice?

Tiny

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks there a Billet Specialties peice the hose ends, and as for the hose it at the time of the photo had never been wiped brand new lol, but the key to the rubber parts i found is to not make them shiny but to use a cleaner that will clean it and not put a high sine you dont want your attention on the hose it should just appear clean!
There is different rubber cleaners available!

Thought would be a good time to pull the motor and paint it and freshen up some things the new hinges do seem to funtion well we'll see when the hood gets bolted on! lol

·
Premium Member
2,858 Posts
wow, that looks fantastic. Love the blue manifold :cool:

·
Premium Member
2,106 Posts
Cool man, I'll be out there sometime. I usually end up missing it because it comes and goes before I hear about it. Hopefully you'll be around when I get out there.

·
Premium Member
15,966 Posts
Thats some quality work!

Even polished the trans lines!

looks great!

Quality job, mean, clean & simple!

:beer1::beer1::beer1::beer1::beer1::beer1:

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
Thanks guys just bolted on the hood tonight and got it in time,
The hood fit welllllllll lets just say the new hinges needed some adjusting,
I had it bolted on all the way slid back on the hinge as far back as it would go and the hood still stuck out in the front abut a 1/4 inch tried every adjustment there was to get it to fit and ended up having to grind open the rear hole on the top of the hinge about 3/8" to get the hood to slide back so that worked,
Then the shocks i have for it are not strong enough to hold the hood up witch i talked to the guys when i ordered the hinges and explained to them that the hood is way heavier dew to the paneling work on the underside, so i need stronger shocks witch i hope they have now because these were suppose to be the strongest they made, and the last thing i had to grind some metal off the bottom of the knucle it just barely hit the fender so had to clearance that a little. all in all they sure look nice but had to be modified.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts