Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
i am deciding on what color scheme to go with on my nova, 63 convertible, i have a couple totally different routes i may go with...i'll give what i am going with it and what i have done. NOT a show car, weekend/occasional weekday cruiser

63 convertible, suicide doors, air ride, cowl hood, shaved everything almost...going back to having the trunk and hood trim though, no attention to originality here, 62 clear turn signals.....theres a pic of what the car looked like before i did anything

I have painted the engine compartment semi gloss, I have basically two different approaches...the first is a two tone black upper gunmetal lower split at the bodyline. The only thing with that is it is going to be a lot harder to paint and i will have to have someone else paint it, then i will be worried all the time something will happen....or i was thinking go with the primer black look (flattened single stage), it will be a lot cheaper to paint and a lot easier as well....if i go with the two tone i think i will go with billet wheels whereas if i go with the flat black i think i'll go with these, or i may do them and paint the car to match the wheels in a flattened paint, they may have too much old school look to em though.....seems like budget and ease makes the choice simple, but i just want some opinoins on the paint and wheel combination, heres a couple wheels i think might be cool, i'll add more wheels as i find them

these would be cool with a gloss black paint

·
Premium Member
20,542 Posts
not sure if you have enough car there for a 2 tone paint job.In my opinion you need a roof for a 2 tone.Flat black sounds cool to me(I'm partial to black:D )As far as the wheels.I like#2 or #5.I never seen salt flats on a convertible?Definitly not #3....they look too much like ricer wheels:eek: Good luck BM

·
6,397 Posts
I'm reading you're post and before I got to your color choices, I thought primer black would look cool. I would'nt go for wheels with black in them(IMO) though. Polished , chrome, grey or combinations of them would look good and if the car was painted in some other color then chances are good the wheels will still look good.

·
Premium Member
2,220 Posts
[http://www.discounttiredirect.com/product/wheels/hotsix.gbm.ang.jpg[/IMG]

Not sure what color, but I like the look of these wheels. I guess they are hotwheels?

·
Premium Member
928 Posts
new2novas said:
i am deciding on what color scheme to go with on my nova, 63 convertible, i have a couple totally different routes i may go with...i'll give what i am going with it and what i have done. NOT a show car, weekend/occasional weekday cruiser

63 convertible, suicide doors, air ride, cowl hood, shaved everything almos

i would think the black rims would disappear under your car and that it would make the body disproportionate to the wheels/rims (the body would look to be too big, pregnant).... my thoughts only...

·
Registered
7,257 Posts
Flat black. Tape off the hot wheels rims and spray them flat black too. That car would look sooooo sweet:)

Kev

1 - 10 of 10 Posts