Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
13,718 Posts
Wow, not sure how that Palomar Red chip reproduced for the rest you, but looks almost black on my screen. Here's a pic of my 63 SS to give you a better idea. This looks somewhat different than the actual car, too, but because of varying light conditions pics frequently don't reproduce accurate color. Mine has additional metallic added and clearcoat to create more depth and shine.

Bob

Attachments

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Wow, not sure how that Palomar Red chip reproduced for the rest you, but looks almost black on my screen. Here's a pic of my 63 SS to give you a better idea. This looks somewhat different than the actual car, too, but because of varying light conditions pics frequently don't reproduce accurate color. Mine has additional metallic added and clearcoat to create more depth and shine.

Bob

Thanks a lot. Your car is beautiful!

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Do you think this is the correct color? It doesn't look as dark as it should be and it has a ton of flake in it.

·
13,718 Posts
Do you think this is the correct color? It doesn't look as dark as it should be and it has a ton of flake in it.
Always hard to tell true color from a pic, but yours appears to be correct. Mine looks darker in the picture than it really is. You also have a very nice car. Great to see another Palomar red convertible. Mine was sold new in Oregon. Came with A/C, PS, PB, bumper guards, door edge guards, convenience package, tissue holder, but a manual top:rolleyes:. It's restored as original with the 194CID six cylinder and PG.

Bob

·
Banned
3,991 Posts
My '63 vert was originally Palomar Red - you can still see a little of it in the trunk. It too is a little lighter than I would have expected.

Cheers, Tim

·
Premium Member
2,014 Posts

Bob
Darn, that is gorgeous. Both of 'em actually.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts