Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I am helping Sparky with his 63, which came with zero wiring, just the sheet metal and glass. He has a painless wiring what appears to be a somewhat universal wiring kit. Looking at it in the box one thing jumps out that looks like I may have an issue with is the junction at the firewall. Has anyone used a kit like this and what have you done. I looked at the AAW and it looks to have what we need, but for budget reasons he wants to see if we can make this work.

We can possibly make a bulkhead and add connectors, or find that junction connector (not easily found) from someone that has one, just pull the harness through a grommet without a "sub" harness by adding a plate where the hole in the firewall is.

Wiring is not Sparky's thing, and I will end up doing 90% of it, but I don't want it to look sloppy.

Thanks in advance for any help.

·
Registered
67 Posts
I just rewired my car with aaw and have original harness if your interested. There have been some modifications to the engine harness but bulkhead and dash harness is pretty much stock. Let me know I’m in San Diego

·
Registered
266 Posts
Hi Guys

Duke
Painless wiring is exactly that universal, AAW make a dedicated nova
Harness. You pay your money and take your choice. Me I used an AAW upgrade on my wagon, you wont get a more comprehensive harness. well worth the money.

Cheers Ian:uk:

·
Registered
40 Posts
Painless performance 21 circuit harness.
i ordered the wrong wiring kit , it was corrected right away, and made right. no complaints from me.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts