Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone purchased a full painless harness for there car? I have a 66 coupe without a harness and I am trying to decide if I should purchase a complete factory harness or Painless kit. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
I'll be where you are in a few months; was looking into harnesses then say a post here a few weeks back recommending the EZ Wiring harness.

A few guys had used them and said it really as easy. You might want to look at those or search for the thread on it.

·
Registered
127 Posts
i just put a painless in my 1977 it was a 8 fuse box for draggin it works awesome and only took me a 5 hours .. i did replace my old fuse box in my 1973 nova with a painless and it was pretty easy... the ez kits are nice to either way they are easy to do ,,, dont rush :)

·
Registered
5,669 Posts
I have a painless harness in my Chevelle and I'm taking it out to replace it with the factory harness. I just prefer the look and fit of all the factory stuff:yes:

·
Registered
81 Posts
wiring choice

I installed a Painless in my 66 most painless thing i ever did. had one problem. Called painless they told me how to solve it even told me where to by the connector and part # from radio shack.

·
Registered
681 Posts
I have a painless harness in my Chevelle and I'm taking it out to replace it with the factory harness. I just prefer the look and fit of all the factory stuff:yes:
Same here... I went with stock as it fit everything, it was all there, and it matches the original diagram.

Either way, the quality is very good from Painless, EZ, and American Auto Wire. All reviews I've ever read all said the same.

DW

·
Registered
996 Posts
i used the summit one on my 70 c10
lots cheaper than painless, but probably not as painless.
it was pretty easy, i'm not good with electrical stuff so if i can do it than must be easy

1 - 8 of 8 Posts