Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
overheating solved

I have a 64 with a 355 that puts out around 400 hp had an aluminium radiator and a duel flex a lite fan set up in it and couldn't get it run without getting too hot especially sitting at long lights and traffic. I went through everything and couldn't find anything. I installed a Champion cc 6265 and that did the trick. Maintains 180 no problem. Only downside is it's made in china I prefer to buy american made but a lot of people use them on here with good results and and it took care of my problem.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Is that a larger radiator with more rows or bigger tubes than your old one?

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
I have a 64 with a 355 that puts out around 400 hp had an aluminium radiator and a duel flex a lite fan set up in it and couldn't get it run without getting too hot especially sitting at long lights and traffic. I went through everything and couldn't find anything. I installed a Champion cc 6265 and that did the trick. Maintains 180 no problem. Only downside is it's made in china I prefer to buy american made but a lot of people use them on here with good results and and it took care of my problem.
Yep. I run the champion 6265 in my 66. Keeps my 421 at 180 degrees all day long.

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes it is my other one I'm not sure of the brand was a 2 row the 6265 is a 3 row rated for up to 600 hp. It is physically a bit larger but didn't seem to hold more fluid. What I did notice was that I could see a lot more light through it than my other one and with the same fans seems to move a lot more air. I have been trying to solve this problem for a long time and wished I would have tried this sooner. I posted this because I see other 1st gen guys with overheating problems and wanted to share what worked for me The difference in the amount of light I can see through this one verses the other one is very noticeable so that is something that is easy to check when trying to find their problem.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts