Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys i have an over heating problem and cant figure out what the cause is. its not a problem when driving but when i am at idle. i have a stock 350 crate engine from jegs. i just installed a dual core radiator that should be sufficent cooling for this engine. i also have an electric fan that kicks on at 190 which hangs around there than shots up to 210-215 after a few min. iv had a complete tune up and does anyone know what i should have my timing set at?? Can anyone help i wanted to take this car on a 400 mile trip im goin on next week and as of right now it seems to not be happening.:(:(

·
Premium Member
8,405 Posts
If you are over heating at idle but not while driving it's most likely because you don't have enough airflow over the radiator while the car is stopped.
Are using the factory 4th Gen Plastic shroud and fan? If not, then that's the problem.

·
Registered
22 Posts
definitely sounds l9ke the fan you have isnt pulling enough CFM's..you should try a bigger fan and if you arent using a shroud then you should use one. i was recently having the same problem and i bought this fan from jegs and it helped A LOT and for less than $200 it wasnt bad

http://www.jegs.com/i/JEGS/555/52116/10002/-1

·
Registered
260 Posts
use a duel fan setup out of a 93 or newer Z28 or bird has to be a lt1 car or wont have the dual fans i put a set on my car and they work like a dream and they are real cheap to pick if you can find one the shroud is built on to them so it makes it nice.

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
1 - 6 of 6 Posts